Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
LUTS
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Is anyone else having problems when trying to use LUTS since downloading the latest 365 update?
I've finished the edit, selected FX, from All Content, I've selected Color Lut, then PowerDirector 365 just hangs!
Clicking again, a windows error message "PowerDirector Is Not Responding" with the usual instructions.
I've realsied that I must save my project before trying to get to the Color Lut as I have already lost one of my edits, most unusual.

Regards

Dave I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is anyone else having problems when trying to use LUTS since downloading the latest 365 update?
I've finished the edit, selected FX, from All Content, I've selected Color Lut, then PowerDirector 365 just hangs!
Clicking again, a windows error message "PowerDirector Is Not Responding" with the usual instructions.
I've realsied that I must save my project before trying to get to the Color Lut as I have already lost one of my edits, most unusual.

Regards

Dave

Hi.

Seems to work fine on my system but I'm running PDR365 Business 21.0.2121.0 - just for completeness which version are you on?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Dave -

Something similar happened here when I first attempted to use a LUT in PDR365 21.0.2123.0

Firstly, all the thumbnails were blank (generic greyscale icon). I downloaded a LUT to apply it & PDR went white (not responding).

Since that incident, it's been working smoothly. I hope the same is true in your case.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Kyle 40
[Post New]

Hi.

Seems to work fine on my system but I'm running PDR365 Business 21.0.2121.0 - just for completeness which version are you on?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hi
Many thanks for your reply. Sorry about my late reply as I've been trying out different ideas!
The version of PowerDirector 365 that I'm using is 21.0.2123.0, updated on the 26th September 2022.

I went onto open several different projects just to see if I could add/change a LUT to any video, but this became a bit tiresome!
I then went onto starting anew project in PowerDirector 365, adding any video to the timeline and then trying to add a LUT. On the first atempt, this caused PowerDirector to crash ! However on the second atempt, it worked, PowerDirect 365 was stable and didn't crash! I did not save this as a project, I couldn't see the point. I went back to my present edit project and found that, to my amazement, I could now add LUTS without PoweDirector crashing!
Here is a link to the video if anyone is interested https://youtu.be/nnEa7_Vmvt0 It's the first time that I've tried using 3 cameras, 2 of them are fixed so I've used quite abit of the Crop/Zoom and Pan Tool. The third camera is quite old and no longer records sound so it was back to the old syncing up by eye from my days of using 16mm film with no clapper boards ! Great fun, huh.
I've since stated another project and tried using a LUT straight away finding that it does work and that PowerDirector was stable with no crashing. Maybe it was adding a LUT onto a "bit" of video that fixed this issue, who Knows, but thank you for asking.

Cheers
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote G'day Dave -

Something similar happened here when I first attempted to use a LUT in PDR365 21.0.2123.0

Firstly, all the thumbnails were blank (generic greyscale icon). I downloaded a LUT to apply it & PDR went white (not responding).

Since that incident, it's been working smoothly. I hope the same is true in your case.

Cheers - Tony

G'day Tony, how are you doing?
Thanks for adding your info, my experiance has been very similar but with carshing as well as a white out ! After starting anew project with one video clip, then adding a LUT, I found the it all worked. Happy days cool

Thanks agian for your comments.

Cheers