Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Gear 360 Action Director: It does not work anymore
vale76 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2022 06:32 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
After months of inactivity, I start it, to convert several files that I have recorded for a job done in France.
For an inexplicable reason, the program no longer converts the image in two spheres into a single image, but after loading, the screen turns black.
I verified that the video card met the required requirements.
I have updated windows and card drives.
Tips?
Has it happened to anyone?
Photo 1- upload file, and in the window on the right the file, instead of appearing together, still appears in two spheres
Photo 2 - upload finished, total darkness.
[Thumb - gear-1.jpg]
 Filename
gear-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
215 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
[Thumb - gear-2.jpg]
 Filename
gear-2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
115 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

It seems the 360 media you captured on Gear 360 was not stitched properly in the Gear 360 version of ActionDirector.

As the 360 media stitching solution is offered by your 360 camera manufacturer (Samsung), for this stitching concern, we suggest you contact Samsung for further technical assistance to investigate, since it is an OEM product:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00066650/

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2022 01:40

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Jake360 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2022 18:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I also have this problem, and found a comment on a YouTube video suggesting that the rendering broke after a particular nvidia driver update. To clarify: it's the windows desktop application we're talking about here... which is (should be) able to take the raw files from the camera and perform the stitching (no Samsung software is involved).

If there is some way to force software rendering in ActionDirector, or otherwise bypass this poroblem, we could continue to use this software.

I'm really hoping to continue using the 360 camera... It seems insane that we can't simply freeze a moment in time that works (the device paired with functioning software) and preserve it until the device itself wears out or physically breaks...
vale76 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2022 06:32 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Si consiglia agli utenti di disinstallare il driver grafico NVIDIA dal Pannello di controllo di Windows -> Programmi -> Disinstalla un programma.
Selezionare e rimuovere TUTTE le impostazioni personali e TUTTI i driver e i file di driver correlati nel processo di disinstallazione di NVIDIA.
Dopo la disinstallazione, riavviare Windows.
Reinstallare il driver grafico NVIDIA nella versione 461.92 dalla pagina di supporto NVIDIA:
https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/171726/en-us/
Dopo l'installazione, riavviare Windows.
Controllare la condizione di cucitura del supporto 360.

Quote I also have this problem, and found a comment on a YouTube video suggesting that the rendering broke after a particular nvidia driver update. To clarify: it's the windows desktop application we're talking about here... which is (should be) able to take the raw files from the camera and perform the stitching (no Samsung software is involved).

If there is some way to force software rendering in ActionDirector, or otherwise bypass this poroblem, we could continue to use this software.

I'm really hoping to continue using the 360 camera... It seems insane that we can't simply freeze a moment in time that works (the device paired with functioning software) and preserve it until the device itself wears out or physically breaks...