Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photo Director has worked fine for 2-3 years, today it will not launch.
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
As stated, I've had PhD for a couple years, no real problems, then today it suddenly will not fully launch.
What will launch does not allow any pics to be loaded to library, or anything else for that matter. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Quote As stated, I've had PhD for a couple years, no real problems, then today it suddenly will not fully launch.
What will launch does not allow any pics to be loaded to library, or anything else for that matter.

This is all I get. Not able to open anything, import anything etc.
https://media.gab.com/cdn-cgi/image/width=700,quality=100,fit=scale-down/system/media_attachments/files/117/762/957/original/e39dba059f8433ea.png Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

You didn't indicate which version of PhotoDirector you have. If you have the 365 version, please try updating to the latest version via CAM, as the latest update resolved some project loading issue.

If not, then starting a new project when PhotoDirector load. You do this by going to File > New Project.

You can also try going to the below folder and deleting all the current projects, as one of them will not load:

C:\Users\{USERNAME}\Pictures\PhotoDirector and then go into your version folder and delete the project file (we suggest backing up the files first, incase there is some projects you want saved).

Then relaunch PhotoDirector.

Cheers
PhotoDirector Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As the FM said above, it sounds like the project (.PHD file) has become corrupted. If you can reach the menus, try File | New Project (or hold down the Ctrl+N keys) to create a new file, then close PhD and reopen it.

If you can't reach create a new file, download the attached NewProject.phd and double click on it to launch PhD. You didn't say what version you have, but this was created in PhD 7 and you'll be able to open it in any newer version as well.

Another option is available if your original .PHD file is stored in one of your system's OneDrive folders. You can right click on it in File Explorer and use Version History to restore a slightly older copy (from the last time you worked with Phd) and then try launching PhD again with the restored version.
 Filename
NewProject.phd
[Disk]
 Description
PhD 7 empty project
 Filesize
844 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
133 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2022 22:27

Kevin R.
[Post New]
Quote As the FM said above, it sounds like the project (.PHD file) has become corrupted. If you can reach the menus, try File | New Project (or hold down the Ctrl+N keys) to create a new file, then close PhD and reopen it.

If you can't reach create a new file, download the attached NewProject.phd and double click on it to launch PhD. You didn't say what version you have, but this was created in PhD 7 and you'll be able to open it in any newer version as well.

Another option is available if your original .PHD file is stored in one of your system's OneDrive folders. You can right click on it in File Explorer and use Version History to restore a slightly older copy (from the last time you worked with Phd) and then try launching PhD again with the restored version.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I am running PhD12. I tried what you suggested,and what the other contributor said, but neither seem to work.
I am still getting the same dead screen if you will. No tabs work, no "File",not even "X" to close the program.
I have to use task manager to close the program after I try to open it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2022 03:16

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I suggest you locate the original PhD installer in File Explorer, then right-click on it and choose Run as Administrator to reinstall the app.

If there's still an issue, try running the two commands shown in bold in this post to see if there are any damaged Windows system files that can be quickly repaired.
BergSteirer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2020 09:15 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Auch ich habe dieses Problem, dass sich weder Photodirector 14, noch Colour Director, noch Audio Director öffnen lassen.

Gestern gab es ein Windows Systemupdate und seit diesem Zeitpunkt lassen sich die oben genannten Programme nicht mehr öffnen. Es blitzt kurz das jeweils angeklickte Programm auf, öffnet sich aber nicht.

Auch über den Powerdirector 365 Version 21.0.2123.0 lässt sich Photodirector 14, zwecks Bildbearbeitung, nicht mehr starten!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Bergsteirer