Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Compare in split preview" no longer working
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
After last upgrade, when I click on a track in my timeline, goto Fix/Enhance, then select a fix or enhancement.... When I click "Compare in split preview", the preview windows is just black. If I uncheck it, the original video shows. If I pop-out the preview, same issue.

I have 1 source .mp4 file. I have split it into multiple tracks based on content. Some of the tracks, split preview works. On others, I get the black preview screen. Strange.

Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
[Thumb - cyberlink.jpg]
 Filename
cyberlink.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It seems like things are working correctly on my system. I wonder if what you're seeing is related to whether or not those specific clips are visible on the main timeline or not.

See this example where you can that the "split screen preview" in the top screenshot has split the selected clip, but it also shows the full timeline preview with a text and icon overlay along the bottom edge; while in the lower image the selected clip isn't visible at all even though it's the one I want to work on:

To get a clear view, you might have to temporarily move the "blank" clips to another place on the timeline or else disable the tracks beneath them.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 29. 2022 17:09

BadWolf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the info.

I think I may have found the issue. If I have a clip that was edited by ColorDirector, and then I go into Fix/Ehance and make changes there, split preview doesn't seem to work.

This may be by design? I don't see any documention regarding this. The preview does show the changes I made in ColorDirector so I don't know why it wouldn't also show split preview when trying to make additional enhancements outside of colordirector.

Do you think this could be the issue? Or should I just start the weekend early
[Thumb - no work.jpg]
 Filename
no work.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
split preview fail
 Filesize
181 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - works.jpg]
 Filename
works.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
split preview works
 Filesize
176 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
BadWolf [Avatar]
[Post New]
also, how do you get your attachments to show up in-line with your message instead of showing as attachments?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I think I may have found the issue. If I have a clip that was edited by ColorDirector, and then I go into Fix/Ehance and make changes there, split preview doesn't seem to work.

Hmm, I don't see that on my system either. The split screen option works for me if I apply a Color Preset in CD then return to PD to apply other edits. However, the split clip clearly uses the original PD timeline clip without the CD changes, so comparing them isn't going to be very useful:

I suggest producing the clips as soon as you've finished applying all the CD edits (either individually using Produce Range, or as a project), and then continuing on with normal editing in PD. Beyond the issues we've discussed here, that will "bake in" all of the CPU-intensive edits and will make editing the rest of your project much smoother.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote also, how do you get your attachments to show up in-line with your message instead of showing as attachments?

You need to use an image sharing website, like Imgur to generate a URL pointing to the picture so the forum can grab it and display it inline with the text:

""

I use the Direct Link and paste that directly into the forum's Insert/edit image tool and manually reduce the pixel width to <650 to fix the appropriate image size.

You can actually paste the URL into the text box without using the above tool and let the forum deal with the sizing, or you can use the BBCode and get the properly formatted version (which I used for the icon image)