Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Freezes after loading any effect
RuiFigueiredo1971 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2013 15:12 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Since upgraded, there ahve been at least 3 updates on CyberLink Application Manager and results is always the same

Simple project, only one track I add an effect track and when i add an effect PD always freezes.

Am I the only one experiencing this ?
[Thumb - PD21.png]
 Filename
PD21.png
[Disk]
 Description
Screen shot freeze
 Filesize
246 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
PD365 is freezing on me when I simply navigate the different folders under fx, titles, etc. When I click on a different folder, such as fx > Color Preset > Downloaded Preset, the program hangs. Program looks OK in task manager, but it is frozen with the spinning circle and non-responsive. Event viewer also has an "application hang" entry.
[Thumb - 3.jpg]
 Filename
3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2022 09:54

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The track manager won’t allow me to place a fx track above track 2 or below track 1, It incorrectly places it between track 2 and track 3. Updated PD365 to the latest patch after this.

I was able to place the fx track like in your screenshot by reversing the track order in Preferences and then use the track manager to place the track above track 2 and then reversing the track order in Preferences. Only the Track 1 audio track will be shown. Can’t scroll up to see the track 1 video track. Once a sample video clip is dragged and dropped on track 1, the track 1 video track can be seen. Revolve the sample clip and track 1 is still seen now.

fx/Style Effects/Blur placed on the fx track is okay.

There appears to be bugs in PD365 causing these problems. You may want to contact CyberLink support to report this so that they may want to fix it. You may also reference this post in writing the Support ticket.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The track manager won’t allow me to place a fx track above track 2 or below track 1, It incorrectly places it between track 2 and track 3. Updated PD365 to the latest patch after this.

I was able to place the fx track like in your screenshot by reversing the track order in Preferences and then use the track manager to place the track above track 2 and then reversing the track order in Preferences. Only the Track 1 audio track will be shown. Can’t scroll up to see the track 1 video track. Once a sample video clip is dragged and dropped on track 1, the track 1 video track can be seen. Revolve the sample clip and track 1 is still seen now.

Another work around is add as you did in your first sentence, then do a remove all unused tracks, and then add again just like your first sentence.

This occurs since PD19 when they thought a great idea to remove several tracks for the user to add themselves. Poorly tested UI change implementation yet again and never fixed.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2022 10:42

RuiFigueiredo1971 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2013 15:12 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]

Another work around is add as you did in your first sentence, then do a remove all unused tracks, and then add again just like your first sentence.

This occurs since PD19 when they thought a great idea to remove several tracks for the user to add themselves. Poorly tested UI change implementation yet again and never fixed.

Jeff

I've been using and bought
PowerDirector 16 Ultimate
PowerDirector 11 Ultra

Then I transitioned to PD365 and never ever had any problem.

Now with PD365 version 21 it started and i can't find any workaround, even 5~8 days ago there was an update and still the same
problem.
AB13 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 26, 2022 14:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Since upgraded, there ahve been at least 3 updates on CyberLink Application Manager and results is always the same

Simple project, only one track I add an effect track and when i add an effect PD always freezes.

Am I the only one experiencing this ?

That is precisely the same issue i am facing. So i was not able to color corret and grade multiple clips at the same time. I had to go to each clip take to color director and come back to PD365. Moreover after I color corrected and graded 4K videos in my project but now when I press render Preview button the app freezes !

The produce button is working but 4K videos 3 minutes project takes about 40 Mins time to render. I belive the GPU is not being used here more of CPU is put to use.

System config HP15EC1051AX
CPU Rayzen 4600h
RAM 8+8 = 16Gb 3200mhz
STORAGE 512GB NVME SSD
GRAPHIC Nvidia 4GB 1650Ti
[Thumb - Screenshot 2022-11-07 122010.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2022-11-07 122010.png
[Disk]
 Description
Resources Utilised 4K 3Minutes video
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot 2022-11-07 121957.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2022-11-07 121957.png
[Disk]
 Description
Time elapsed 4K 3Minutes video
 Filesize
764 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 07. 2022 01:55

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The produce button is working but 4K videos 3 minutes project takes about 40 Mins time to render. I belive the GPU is not being used here more of CPU is put to use.

Based on your attached pic, it appears you have NVENC utilized in the PD "Produce" page. Color grading is a 100% CPU process for application to each video frame, the decode and encode can be GPU based depending on user PD settings. Because of this, your CPU is throttling the encode process handling the color grading. You may think 65% CPU load is not fully utilized; you probably have SMT activated for which logical processor count is doubled leading to artificially low % load.

Jeff