Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector 14 not currently supporting Canon R7 .CR3 raw files
[Post New]
I inquired to customer support for information if version 13 was going to get an update to support these raw files as they seem to be different than the R5 and R6 raw files. I didn't get a response to that specfic question but did also inquire to as the new version 14 supports them as as of release they do not. So anyone looking for raw editing will unfortunatly have to use a different software package for editing R7 .cr3 raw files till the engineers get on the ball and get them integrated into the new software. Below is their response email
[Thumb - cyberlinkresponse.jpg]
 Filename
cyberlinkresponse.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
144 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello TonyC,

I don't own a Canon R7, so I have to rely on downloading samples to test in PhD.

Some R7 CR3s I've tested display correctly & others don't undecided

For example, this one from DPReview displays as you'd expect in PhD14 but this one from Imaging Resource does not Perhaps it's because the DPReview samples are from a pre-production model (?).

That aside, there's clearly an issue!

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
... and all the R7 CR3s I downloaded from this forum display correctly. surprised

PIX PIX YouTube channel