Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AudioDirector not importing video or wav files - white pop-up appears with no info
bitbyter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2018 08:51 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I have CL 365 package and have installed the latest version. Trying to follow tutorial for spatial audio here: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=23357 When I import a video file with spatial audio (recorded from Insta360 OneX), a white pop-up appears while the progress meter stalls in the background. If I click the X to close the pop-up, the progress meter goes away and no file is loaded.

I then tried just importing a spatial audio file (recorded with Zoom H3-VR microphone in Ambix mode). I get an error suggesting the file is broken or unsupported. This exact same file imports fine into Powerdirector and plays in the timeline.
What can I do to get spatial audio working?? Thx, Scott
[Thumb - AudioDirector hang.jpg]
 Filename
AudioDirector hang.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot of white pop-up
 Filesize
265 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 23. 2022 10:29

[Post New]
Hello Scott,

Would it be possible to upload a short sample of the type of clip that's giving you issues? Either from the Insta360 OneX or the Zoom?

It's very odd that the Zoom H3-VR file imports into PDR but not ADR. What happend if you attempt to send the audio from PDR to ADR for editing?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
As PIX indicates, a file would be nice, but I suspect the same as here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84249.page#post_box_348281 The Zoom H3-VR manual says it records in 4 channels. This will import into PD as PD is not a unique channel editor, it will not import into ADR unless the new ADR13 has had features added to support, nothing relevant in release notes or manual. You might be able to use the ZOOM Ambisonics Player application for conversion of your audio file to an acceptable ADR format as it can convert to 5.1.

Jeff
bitbyter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for replies - to answer your question PIX, the exact same "format not valid" prompt comes up whether I load the file manually or send it via PD365. Here is a small WAV sample direct from the Zoom H3-VR. Also attached is the smallest .MP4 direct from the Insta360 OneX (after stitching). I'd appreciate hearing whether you guys get the same white box with no information when importing the .MP4 (screenshot attached).

Thx, Scott
 Filename
VID_20220915_092803_00_034.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
71964 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
69 time(s)
 Filename
220915_002.WAV
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2164 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
378 time(s)
[Thumb - white box.PNG]
 Filename
white box.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
77 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
bitbyter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote As PIX indicates, a file would be nice, but I suspect the same as here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84249.page#post_box_348281 The Zoom H3-VR manual says it records in 4 channels. This will import into PD as PD is not a unique channel editor, it will not import into ADR unless the new ADR13 has had features added to support, nothing relevant in release notes or manual. You might be able to use the ZOOM Ambisonics Player application for conversion of your audio file to an acceptable ADR format as it can convert to 5.1.

Jeff

Hi Jeff - thanks for your input but I'm pretty sure that AudioDirector has claimed support of 4-channel spatial audio since AD9. The link in my OP describes spatial audio and specifically at the bottom of the page "* AudioDirector 9 supports editing and producing the spatial audio in 4 channels for 360° video files. The feature is not supported for video files that are encoded with 5.1 or above channels audio." I haven't paid any attention as to whether AD now supports 5.1 audio.

The real annoyance for me is that I bought the Zoom microphone years ago when AD9 was current and I'm pretty sure I tested it out with AD at the time with no problem. Now I finally have a project that would benefit from spatial audio and I'm experiencing issues.yell
Cheers, Scott
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The mp4 attached does not have spatial audio, it has basic 2 channel AAC audio:

Audio
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Duration : 5 s 184 ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 137 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz

Are you sure it was this file that does not import correctly?

Jeff
bitbyter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The mp4 attached does not have spatial audio, it has basic 2 channel AAC audio:

Audio
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Duration : 5 s 184 ms
Bit rate : 137 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R

Are you sure it was this file that does not import correctly?

Jeff

BIG APOLOGIES Jeff ... I had only assumed that the OneX recorded in spatial since it was newer than my old VIRB that had spatial. I have just realized that it's only the newer OneX2 that has 4 mics. Sorry for confusion on that point, however it definitely is the same .MP4 that gives me a white box and won't import to AudioDirector.
Do you get any pop-up prompt at all when importing to AD or does it just load fine?
Cheers, Scott
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Jeff - thanks for your input but I'm pretty sure that AudioDirector has claimed support of 4-channel spatial audio since AD9. The link in my OP describes spatial audio and specifically at the bottom of the page "* AudioDirector 9 supports editing and producing the spatial audio in 4 channels for 360° video files. The feature is not supported for video files that are encoded with 5.1 or above channels audio." I haven't paid any attention as to whether AD now supports 5.1 audio.

The real annoyance for me is that I bought the Zoom microphone years ago when AD9 was current and I'm pretty sure I tested it out with AD at the time with no problem. Now I finally have a project that would benefit from spatial audio and I'm experiencing issues.yell
Cheers, Scott

This was my understanding:
4 channel support in 360° video files for spatial audio, your mp4 only has 2 channels so no real spatial control but should load fine, see attached pic. Additionally, only output to 360° video file, no audio only output.

mono, stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 in WAV files, no 4 channel in WAV files. Your WAV file is 4 channel as I guessed prior.

Format : PCM
Duration : 3 s 791 ms
Bit rate : 4 608 kb/s
Channel(s) : 4 channels

Jeff
[Thumb - AD13_360mp4.png]
 Filename
AD13_360mp4.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
606 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2022 11:18

bitbyter [Avatar]
[Post New]

This was my understanding:
4 channel support in 360° video files for spatial audio, your mp4 only has 2 channels so no real spatial control but should load fine, see attached pic. Additionally, only output to 360° video file, no audio only output.

mono, stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 in WAV files, no 4 channel in WAV files. Your WAV file is 4 channel as I guessed prior.

Format : PCM
Duration : 3 s 791 ms
Bit rate : 4 608 kb/s
Channel(s) : 4 channels

Jeff

Ahhh ... so AD will only process spatial audio when contained within a video file? That's interesting and unexpected but thank you for the clarification! I will try merging the audio and video in PD first and then attempt to import.

2nd problem - the video file I supplied is confirmed to be 2-channel only, however I still get a white box and you seem to have no problem with it...weird.
Thanks for your help! Cheers, Scott
[Post New]
Hello Scott,

Firstly, thank you Jeff for adding your knowledge & insights into this thread (& all the other threads to which you contribute). It's always much appreciated.

Here, ADR has no problem importing the MP4 you attached. There's no "white box". Do you mean the screen stays frozen & you cannot import the file, or does it disappear & allow import?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
bitbyter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Scott,

Firstly, thank you Jeff for adding your knowledge & insights into this thread (& all the other threads to which you contribute). It's always much appreciated.

Here, ADR has no problem importing the MP4 you attached. There's no "white box". Do you mean the screen stays frozen & you cannot import the file, or does it disappear & allow import?

PIX

Hi PIX, It stays frozen and I have to click the x to close the white box - the file doesn't import yell