Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 365 - Marker Text effect on image or video - Help
Hans87 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2022 13:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys,

there is one thing I cannot seem to get done. I have for example an Image of Text or a Videoclip containing text which I would like to highlight in the style of a marker pen as animation from left to right. I want it to be clear, with reduced opacity, as long as I need it to be and ideally with interchangeable colours.

For reference see the following image

What I have, unsuccessfully I might say, tried so far:

• A colour card with reduced opacity. Gets the job done, however without the animation from left to right like the pen in real life wood do.

• Tried the pen painting tool under pip effects. It lets me mark / highligt the text. The effect itself however cannot be modified to a reduced opacity, as such is completely blocking out the text below

• searched the internet and director zone for templates to use

Do you guys have any insights for me on how to conquer my challenge?

Thanks in advance,
Hans
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hey guys,

there is one thing I cannot seem to get done. I have for example an Image of Text or a Videoclip containing text which I would like to highlight in the style of a marker pen as animation from left to right. I want it to be clear, with reduced opacity, as long as I need it to be and ideally with interchangeable colours.

For reference see the following image

What I have, unsuccessfully I might say, tried so far:

• A colour card with reduced opacity. Gets the job done, however without the animation from left to right like the pen in real life wood do.

• Tried the pen painting tool under pip effects. It lets me mark / highligt the text. The effect itself however cannot be modified to a reduced opacity, as such is completely blocking out the text below

• searched the internet and director zone for templates to use

Do you guys have any insights for me on how to conquer my challenge?

Thanks in advance,
Hans

Hi,

Can be done wholly within PDR with a color board, a mask and a motion path.
It's a bit of a labour to get it right the first time but then with a bit of planning it's fairly straightforward. The technique might not be suitable for all circumstances but it's a start.

Here's a quick example.

Other members may have other ideas!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
 Filename
HiLite 2.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
17737 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
43 time(s)

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Hans87 & PDM -

I don't know if I have any "other ideas", but these PiP Objects are made the way I think PDM may have made the one shown in the Example video.

You can download them from DZ. When you open them in PiP Designer, you'll see how the keyframes were set. The colours are close to typical highlighter pen colours.

Yellow Highlight
Blue Highlight
Green Highlight
Pink Highlight
Purple Highlight

They're all the same (except the colours). Keyframes can be modified to suit your needs.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!