Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Reinstall PowerDirecctor 20
RichInKy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2022 11:07 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I have the PD 20 disk and did my install from that. I'm getting errors when editing project or creating iso files. I was wondering if it would hurt anything (i.e. make things worse) if I just did a reinstall. I put the DVD in and started the process, hoping there was a 'repair' option, but there isn't. Is it okay to just proceed with the installation to see if it helps? I have used the second disk to install additional accessories.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There's no harm in installing directly over an existing installation. If you encounter eny errors during the installation or with PD20 afterwards, try uninstalling it then rebooting then install it again. You shouldn't lose any settings or projects.