Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Version 21.0.2113.0 - Audio now glitching?
RENES7S [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2014 11:02 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

My first time posting in the forums.

I have just updated to Powerdirector 365 Version 21.0.2113.0 and my projects are now experincing a pause in the audio tracks between each clip in the timeline; transitions used or not.

The secondary audio track is continuous (one file) but while drop out at each join/transition between clips.

This has never been a problem for me before and has only appeared in this latest update. I thought it might have a been a fault in the preview for some reason but producing an output results in the same problem. The problem appeared straight away when I opened an existing project to edit. I even went as far as creating a new project from scratch and still I have the same issue. It has to be glitch.

Has anyone experienced this or can suggest a fix?

Regards,

Joshua

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2022 01:40

RENES7S [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi All,

My first time posting in the forums.

I have just updated to Powerdirector 365 Version 21.0.2113.0 and my projects are now experincing a pause in the audio tracks between each clip in the timeline; transitions used or not.

The secondary audio track is continuous (one file) but while drop out at each join/transition between clips.

This has never been a problem for me before and has only appeared in this latest update. I thought it might have a been a fault in the preview for some reason but producing an output results in the same problem. The problem appeared straight away when I opened an existing project to edit. I even went as far as creating a new project from scratch and still I have the same issue. It has to be glitch.

Has anyone experienced this or can suggest a fix?

Regards,

Joshua

Right, so if I wipe out the original (recorded) primary audio with the secondary audio (i.e. move secondary audio to the primary position) it fixes the issue.... except that I have no primary audio anymore.

This was never a problem with any version before this one.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Right, so if I wipe out the original (recorded) primary audio with the secondary audio (i.e. move secondary audio to the primary position) it fixes the issue.... except that I have no primary audio anymore.

This was never a problem with any version before this one.

Hi,

A snapshot of your timeline would be helpful. It would be best to expand the timeline to show the "joins" between clips clearly, just to check anything obvious.

Also, it would be useful if you could share a screen capture with audio showing the issue?

Please refer to this topic on privacy, if you feel you can share any content - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83642.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Rogerli [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2011 19:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have problems with audio too in the new version with same version number. I have a music track that glitches almost every time the video change to a new video clip . Its a click or a stutter, can be either. Only occured when it updated to this version. It totally ruins the videos.

Roger
Steve@5000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2022 16:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Joshua,

I am experiencing the exact same probelms as a consequence of downloading the most recent update just a few days ago.

The manifestations in my timeline appear as a large number of clicks and pops in the sound that were definitely never there before the update.

It is clearly a glitch in the update that went unnoticed before it was publsihed.

I sent an inquiry as to how to reverse the integration of the update as it is clearly the problem. I have done everytihing else to cure the issue.

The one way I have found to mostly circumvent the problem is to re-record the sound files in the M4A codec and to replace the WAV files with the M4A files in the timeline. It is not perfect but cures 98 percent of the problems.

I hope they repair the error soon.

It is causing a great deal of problems for a large number of people. You should send an email to technical support to let them know; otherwise, they will keep blaming the issue on everytinhg else but the actual cause.

-Steve

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 18. 2022 09:17

RENES7S [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi @Steve@5000 and Rogerli,

Thank you for your responses.

I was fearing I had somehow caused this but alas there really does seem to be a glitch in the Matrix.

I was going to send a question the support centre as I am convinced the problem is real.

Cheers,

Joshua
deslife2022 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2022 21:43 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Joshua,

I have the same problem after the update !!!!

Hope they fix the probleme ASAP !!
deslife2022 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

A snapshot of your timeline would be helpful. It would be best to expand the timeline to show the "joins" between clips clearly, just to check anything obvious.

Also, it would be useful if you could share a screen capture with audio showing the issue?

Please refer to this topic on privacy, if you feel you can share any content - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83642.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hello PowerDirector,

I have the same problem. once I add second audio track , there is a pause between in each of the clip. the pause is very short but it can hear and there is same proble when export to mp4. even I reinstall again the software, the same problem remain here.

even when we click play and pause, the glitch sound also happen.

it's delay my project. Pls help !!!
 Filename
20220920095204.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
pls see it.
 Filesize
113430 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
66 time(s)
deslife2022 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Joshua,

I am experiencing the exact same probelms as a consequence of downloading the most recent update just a few days ago.

The manifestations in my timeline appear as a large number of clicks and pops in the sound that were definitely never there before the update.

It is clearly a glitch in the update that went unnoticed before it was publsihed.

I sent an inquiry as to how to reverse the integration of the update as it is clearly the problem. I have done everytihing else to cure the issue.

The one way I have found to mostly circumvent the problem is to re-record the sound files in the M4A codec and to replace the WAV files with the M4A files in the timeline. It is not perfect but cures 98 percent of the problems.

I hope they repair the error soon.

It is causing a great deal of problems for a large number of people. You should send an email to technical support to let them know; otherwise, they will keep blaming the issue on everytinhg else but the actual cause.

-Steve

Yes, I have sent email to them and they ask me to check if everything is update in my computer. I also send all the orginal clips and the project to them hope they can see the problem.
Rogerli [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2011 19:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink released version 21.0.2116.0 but the clicking noise is still there for me so this version does not fix this problem.

Roger
 Filename
clicktest2.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Rendered with the new version of Powerdirector. High bitrate
 Filesize
228830 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
44 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2022 06:16

RENES7S [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to post something up soon but it seems I am not alone in this experience...

Cheers,

Joshua
RENES7S [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Cyberlink released version 21.0.2116.0 but the clicking noise is still there for me so this version does not fix this problem.

Roger

Just did the update and the problem still exists.

Come on Cyberlink, this is a fundamental flaw and I cannot complete several projects I have on the go!
Nigtay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2016 20:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Exactly the same problem here. Not good. This is a serious issue and needs immdiate attention please Cyberlink

The audio 'click' is absolutely wherever there is a split in the video track.
Steve@5000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Cyberlink released version 21.0.2116.0 but the clicking noise is still there for me so this version does not fix this problem.

Roger

Yes, I have downloaded the update as well and it does not remove the pops and clicks. It is a serious problem that they are taking a great deal of time to address.

The resolution for the short term is very simple--they need to simply issue an update to remove the offending update or send links to the preceding version of PowerDirector 365 before the offending update caused the problems.

I have requested this literally 3 times over the past several days and they have refused to send a simple download link that would immediately remedy the problem.
Steve@5000 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello PowerDirector,

I have the same problem. once I add second audio track , there is a pause between in each of the clip. the pause is very short but it can hear and there is same proble when export to mp4. even I reinstall again the software, the same problem remain here.

even when we click play and pause, the glitch sound also happen.

it's delay my project. Pls help !!!

You need to contact coustomer support and let them know what is happening. The link is as follows: https://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do?action=contactUs
deslife2022 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes, I have downloaded the update as well and it does not remove the pops and clicks. It is a serious problem that they are taking a great deal of time to address.

The resolution for the short term is very simple--they need to simply issue an update to remove the offending update or send links to the preceding version of PowerDirector 365 before the offending update caused the problems.

I have requested this literally 3 times over the past several days and they have refused to send a simple download link that would immediately remedy the problem.

Hi There,

I also sent an email to them and they asked me to provide all my PC system data and all the clips I use. After they test the in their environment, they have experience the same problem as me. Then they gave me the link in the next day for downloading the pervious version. Right now seems back to normal is using the last update version.

Pls see my attachement

Deslife
 Filename
20220921120121.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
44049 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
71 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2022 00:05

Steve@5000 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi There,

I also sent an email to them and they asked me to provide all my PC system data and all the clips I use. After they test the in their environment, they have experience the same problem as me. Then they gave me the link in the next day for downloading the pervious version. Right now seems back to normal is using the last update version.

Pls see my attachement

Deslife

Hello Deslife,

That is great news. I have been asking them for that download link to the PowerDirector 365 Version preceding the past two updates for the past week now. Could you please send me the link?

Thank you!

-Steve
deslife2022 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello Deslife,

That is great news. I have been asking them for that download link to the PowerDirector 365 Version preceding the past two updates for the past week now. Could you please send me the link?

Thank you!

-Steve

Hi Steve,

I don't know if you can download or not.
https://cyberlinkcorp-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/cyberlink_support_cyberlink_com/EWwvJ_GnWyZOgxOjZbZZyFwBkGyYiPPL20aK4OpXuY7FUQ?e=fJxKSH
Ivor1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2019 03:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have found this problem so frustrating. Over the last three days I have been and forth with support trying to resolve this issue. With no solution in sight I have had to download the previous version, which works perfectly.
gabo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2018 17:16 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
First post ever here, but long time user who has produced many videos with PD over the past 5 years. Same audio problems here, only worse and I'm now on 21.0.2116.0

Not only do I get all the glitches outlined above, but I also have audio that is overlapping from clips that were removed.

Here's what happens.

If I cut out a section of the middle of the clip and move the end over to transition from the first part of the clip. Maybe an example would help me explain it. Let's say I have a 1 minute clip, I cut the clip at 10 seconds and again at 45 seconds, remove the middle section and move the ending over.

The resulting video has the audio from the removed section blended in with the audio from the end section that was moved. So it's like the audio wasn't removed when I cut and removed the middle section and it now blends with the audio from the clip that is suppose to be there.

At this stage of editing, I only have clips, "video speed," and crop/zoom/pan applied. All the FX are applied to clips later in the timeline from the initial audio problems, although the audio problems continue throughout the video.

As others have said, this is a serious issue and is completely unusable.

I can't share the video for copyright reasons, but I have attached a screenshot of the timeline. I also submitted an official support ticket for this issue and I would encourage everyone to do that.

Update Question - Has anyone tried unlinking the audio and putting it on a separate audio track? This would be a huge task for my video as there are many clips, so before I go to all that trouble I was curious if anyone has done that and if it resolved the issues?
[Thumb - Screenshot 2022-09-21 083052.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2022-09-21 083052.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
176 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
43 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 21. 2022 09:30