Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Boris FX is in trial mode.
CathyMcK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2017 15:42 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I just updated PowerDirector 365. Now when I produce a video I get text on the tope that says Boris FX is in trial mode. To purchase, call 800 xxx-xxxx or visit their website.

How do I fix this?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just updated PowerDirector 365. Now when I produce a video I get text on the tope that says Boris FX is in trial mode. To purchase, call 800 xxx-xxxx or visit their website.

How do I fix this?

Hi,

Can you specify your exact PDR version and also more detail of the Boris FX effects that result in the trial message?

I am running PDR365 Business 21.0.2031 and all my Boris FX seem to be OK.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - Boris FX.png]
 Filename
Boris FX.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
128 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
56 time(s)

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
keithwjones [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2019 18:53 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
I am running PDR365 Business 21.0.2031 and my Boris FX asked me to install which I did and they appear to be all working.

Keith
CathyMcK [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Can you specify your exact PDR version and also more detail of the Boris FX effects that result in the trial message?

I am running PDR365 Business 21.0.2031 and all my Boris FX seem to be OK.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hello PD Moderator

I am running PD 365 v 21.0.2113.0

Attached is a screenshot of what appears at the top of my video after I produced it.
[Thumb - Boris FX screen shot.png]
 Filename
Boris FX screen shot.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1435 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
63 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Hello PD Moderator

Attached is a screenshot of what appears at the top of my video after I produced it.

Hi,
Does this message occur only after producing, or is something present in preview?

Does it happen with all Boris FX effects or just one or more - please give all the detail you can?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
CathyMcK [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello PD Moderator

I'm not sure how to tell which effect is Boris FX. I did apply an old film style effect on the source video I used for the video. Is that Boris?

I've attached the video
 Filename
Fh Intro 9.16.22 1920 X 1080.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
8595 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
208 time(s)
CathyMcK [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
Does this message occur only after producing, or is something present in preview?

Does it happen with all Boris FX effects or just one or more - please give all the detail you can?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hello PD Moderator

I did have a Boris FX on some of the clips. I took them out, and then a popup prompted me to install Boris FX and I no longer get the message. I haven't had to do that in the past when updating PD. But all appears to be fine now.

Thank you,
CathyMcK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I am running PDR365 Business 21.0.2031 and my Boris FX asked me to install which I did and they appear to be all working.

Keith

Keith,

I got the prompt to install Boris FX when I tried to take the effect off my clips. I did so, and now working well.

Thanks for the tip.

CathyMcK
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello PD Moderator

I did have a Boris FX on some of the clips. I took them out, and then a popup prompted me to install Boris FX and I no longer get the message. I haven't had to do that in the past when updating PD. But all appears to be fine now.

Thank you,

Boris effects have to be reinstalled after updating to the PD21 version. I got prompts to do so on both of my systems, but neither one opened up with a project with active Boris FX on the timeline.

It sounds like having Boris FX on the timeline interfered with the "need to reinstall" message, but i imagine everything will work fine now that the effects have been reinstalled.
[Post New]

Boris effects have to be reinstalled after updating to the PD21 version. I got prompts to do so on both of my systems, but neither one opened up with a project with active Boris FX on the timeline.

It sounds like having Boris FX on the timeline interfered with the "need to reinstall" message, but i imagine everything will work fine now that the effects have been reinstalled.

Hello,

I never got any prompts!

How do I reinstall it..

Using W10 - in apps and features I found it. I only have the option to Uninstall, not Modify

Any1 else?

Thanks,

Veep0
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
uninstall.
[Post New]
Quote uninstall.

Thank you....

I uinistalled it.

Opened PD365, when to FX. Saw Boris - clicked on it - then it prompted me to install.
This did not happen after the update!

All good in da hood!
Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]

Keith,

I got the prompt to install Boris FX when I tried to take the effect off my clips. I did so, and now working well.

Thanks for the tip.

CathyMcK

That were also my findings!
[Post New]
I had the same issue after the latest update of PowerDirector 360.

I tried to remove the effects that have the borixFX but was not prompted to install it.

So what I did was, first uninstalled it. (Windows -> Software add / remove programs -> find BorisFx and remove it.

Then go to the FX in Powerdirector and then click the 3rd Party and it will trigger to install the BorisFx.

Goodluck everybody!
[Thumb - 2022-11-14_10h58_33.png]
 Filename
2022-11-14_10h58_33.png
[Disk]
 Description
menu item 3rd Party
 Filesize
354 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
32 time(s)
NormRidg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2013 00:38 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I had the same issue after the latest update of PowerDirector 360.

I tried to remove the effects that have the borixFX but was not prompted to install it.

So what I did was, first uninstalled it. (Windows -> Software add / remove programs -> find BorisFx and remove it.

Then go to the FX in Powerdirector and then click the 3rd Party and it will trigger to install the BorisFx.

Goodluck everybody!

I did the uninstall and then open PD again. Clicked on Boris and it went through the install, but now Boris is missing as a third party. I can see it in my file folders so it did down, but PD is not picking it up.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think you'll need CL tech support's help with your situation. You can submit a support request here.