Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Losing sound in part of video after production
Becky Crowe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2006 13:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
My problem seems to be unique. I have been using Facebook live videos of our church sermons for years. Lately, when I download the video and add it to my project, it works fine until I turn up the volume in the video. Then the video loses the sound. If I can produce it with the sound, once produced, the Facebook video loses the sound again. It is only the Facebook live video that is losing the sound. The intro, title page, and credit page all have sound. I have updated PowerDirector, and it still is having this issue. I have tried to undock the audio from the video, which didn't help either. I have checked everything I can think of and followed the Power Director University tips on sound and it just doesn't apply to any of those tactics either. Any ideas for a fix? I appreciate any help!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My problem seems to be unique. I have been using Facebook live videos of our church sermons for years. Lately, when I download the video and add it to my project, it works fine until I turn up the volume in the video. Then the video loses the sound. If I can produce it with the sound, once produced, the Facebook video loses the sound again. It is only the Facebook live video that is losing the sound. The intro, title page, and credit page all have sound. I have updated PowerDirector, and it still is having this issue. I have tried to undock the audio from the video, which didn't help either. I have checked everything I can think of and followed the Power Director University tips on sound and it just doesn't apply to any of those tactics either. Any ideas for a fix? I appreciate any help!

Hi,

You didn't say which version of PDR you have but have you tried importing the fb video into the Media Library and then rt click and Extract Audio.
This should give you a .wav audio file that you could use in place of the original audio track?

Doesn't explain the issue but might get you out of trouble for the time being as it sounds like fb audio might have changed??
It might be interesting to get the MediaInfo properties of an older working fb clip and a new problem one?
https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline

Please attach any output as a text file not as a copy and paste, it's too long!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do