Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 17 Video Editing : Produced Video includes bits of removed scenes
Moonshiner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2012 19:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

I am using PD 17 (64 bit) When editing a video, I use the detect scenes option. Then I add the scenes which I want to the timeline in order to produce the video with the scenes which I want.

However, a few bits of the scenes which were not on the timeline are included, around 1 or 2 frames. For example, if there are three scenes, and I pull in Scene 1 and Scene 3 and produce that, around 1 or 2 frames from Scene 2 will be in the produced movie.

Has anyone experienced this and knows a fix for it?

Thanks!
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Have you checked to see if these unwanted frames are present in the clips you've placed on the timeline? Your description suggests this is just a slight inaccuracy in the original scene detection. You may just need to trim your clips accordingly. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Moonshiner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2012 19:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Have you checked to see if these unwanted frames are present in the clips you've placed on the timeline? Your description suggests this is just a slight inaccuracy in the original scene detection. You may just need to trim your clips accordingly.

The unwanted frames are not present in the timeline preview. When I do the scene detection, I have the sensitivity at 100. Maybe I need to reduce the sensitivity?
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
I take it you mean you don't notice the frames when you play the timeline in the preview window. Have you expanded the timeline to see if they are actually present? You will need to expand it to the maximum amount to see individual frames.

If the frames really are not present in the timeline clips there is obviously nothing wrong with the scene detection. In that case I don't have an explanation for why they appear in the produced video. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64