Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Absolute Best Settings For YouTube?
2dguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 12:33 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
So I've noticed 3 different quality levels of my videos, from best to worst...

1) Original GoPro 9 video.
2) Rendered via PWD 365.
3) YouTube

I don't care how large my file is, but I want the absolute best quality that YouTube can display. I realize YouTube compresses the video anyway, so rendered size on my hardrive is irrelevent.

I'm rendering 4k videos, what render settings should I use for the best quality results if YouTube is my main concern? I've read some users render using a very high average bitrate of 100,000 kpbs or more. Should I be doing that? Thx.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Here are YouTube recommended upload encoding settings: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en#zippy=%2Ccontainer-mp%2Caudio-codec-aac-lc%2Cvideo-codec-h%2Cframe-rate%2Cbitrate .Expand to see each item.

More than likely your GoPro 4k videos are in the hevc format and not the YT recommendation. Use the Profile Analyzer to determine the parameters of your original videos and produce them with a custom profile to match the original for your own use if desired.
2dguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 12:33 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Here are YouTube recommended upload encoding settings: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en#zippy=%2Ccontainer-mp%2Caudio-codec-aac-lc%2Cvideo-codec-h%2Cframe-rate%2Cbitrate .Expand to see each item.

More than likely your GoPro 4k videos are in the hevc format and not the YT recommendation. Use the Profile Analyzer to determine the parameters of your original videos and produce them with a custom profile to match the original for your own use if desired.

Thx, but not looking for recommended, I want the best quality settings to use before I upload to YouTube. I'm guessing the higher the bit rate the better.