Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
8k rendering
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
so the fact i edited and uploaded a 5.1k video even when power director says it couldnt be done and have said its youtube that uploaded the 4k video and made it 5.1k.

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

With regard to your concern, as aforementioned, per current program
design, since the first version of PowerDirector 365 v20 that released
in 2021 Sept. and the newer versions that released later in 2022 Spring
and Summer, the highest video production resolution that PowerDirector
supports is 4K (and the 4K variant resolution up to 4096 x 3072 pixels,
which is in different video aspect ratios).

We really appreciate
that you provide the YouTube link to help us clarify your concern, per
our checking, the uploaded video shows 5462 x 3072 (5K) resolution on
YouTube, and the video is edited and titles, audio added. However, after
consulting with our engineering team, we are afraid that the
PowerDirector 365 indeed does NOT support producing videos in 5462 x
3072 resolution no matter with the versions released previously or each
new version that released within 2022 later so far.

During the
video uploading process, YouTube would transcode the video
automatically. If you still have the concern about the video resolution
on YouTube, as we are not the developer of the 3rd party social platform
YouTube, we are not able the find out or investigate why the 5K option
is available. We suggest you to consult with the YouTube support to have
further clarification.

YouTube Support
https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

For
your concern and better user experience, we have re-escalated the
suggestion to our product team to raise the suggestion volume to support
the 5K video rendering feature in PowerDirector.

We really appreciate your feedback.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
These are two separate questions:

Can I produce 5.1K videos using PDR? (Answer = Yes)
Can YouTube display 5.1K videos in original quality? (Answer = No)

So, you've got the first question sorted with the help of forum members. The YouTube question is not fixable here. It is a limitation of the YouTube platform/player. YouTube support statement on video upload resolution.

e.g. I just uploaded a 5.1K video to YT. These are the quality options available:

Is there much difference to the viewer? Debatable, but a different question again. Here's the same video uploaded as 5.1K & 2160p (UHD).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Youtube can show/play 5.1k but only on the pc app.
Now wait for this I have a 8k tv samsung qled and the app
Will only play 4k
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi jaybee2786 -

I’ve been following these threads about rendering to 8K & 5.1K. Similar discussions can be found throughout the PDR forums, going back years.

Agreed, it’d be a lot simpler if PDR offered these production profiles as part of “the package” but it doesn’t. Other members have shown that it can be done, even though it may take some tweaking of the Profile.ini.

You mentioned that you’re using a DJI Mavic3. I don’t have one so I downloaded some original 5.1K sample clips to replicate your scenario.

Unfortunately, using these clips & going to Produce > Profile Analyzer PDR offers no “best matched format” or Intelligent SVRT” options. That would be a simple way to create a profile, as tomasc showed here.

PDR does allow you to customize profiles within the GUI & by editing the Profile.ini (as others have shown) you CAN render your Mavic3 5.1K clips in the way you want.

There are two profiles in the attached doc. One for AVC H.264 & the other for HEVC H.265. They reasonably closely match the 5.1K clips I tested. All you have to do is open the doc with Notepad, copy the contents, then paste them into your Profile.ini.

Both profiles are named DJI Mavic3 5.1K/30p 100Mbps. They’ll appear under the Custom dropdown in the Produce module when you select either AVC or HEVC.

""""""""

BTW, I made the VBR 100Mbps in the custom profiles even though the bitrate of the test clips was a good bit higher. It's all adjustable anyway.

Cheers - Tony

tony i cant find the location on windows 11 and ideas!!! on power director 365 i dont belive this works

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 09. 2022 15:50

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, it works using PDR365 or any version of PDR. Makes no difference.

If you mean the file path for Profile.ini on Windows 11, it's:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\UserConfigure (just the same as Win 10)

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote These are two separate questions: i beg to differ tony if you go to this link and then settings and change to 5.1k it will view it , i also tried it on my 8k tv youtube app and it shows up as 5.1k https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5thry6lYX7c

Can I produce 5.1K videos using PDR? (Answer = Yes)
Can YouTube display 5.1K videos in original quality? (Answer = No)

So, you've got the first question sorted with the help of forum members. The YouTube question is not fixable here. It is a limitation of the YouTube platform/player. YouTube support statement on video upload resolution.

e.g. I just uploaded a 5.1K video to YT. These are the quality options available:

Is there much difference to the viewer? Debatable, but a different question again. Here's the same video uploaded as 5.1K & 2160p (UHD).

Cheers - Tony
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes, it works using PDR365 or any version of PDR. Makes no difference.

sorry tony it will be me but i cant find it C:\Users\jaybee\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\UserConfigure (just the same as Win 10)

If you mean the file path for Profile.ini on Windows 11, it's:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\UserConfigure (just the same as Win 10)

Cheers - Tony
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

found it sorry
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
just doing a test video @5.1k
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
tony did everything you said rendered file and before i uploaded it to youtube, i took a photo of the properties.
once i uploaded to youtube the max its got to was 4k. see attached file
[Thumb - 306066539_1268828797241916_546304650109313113_n.jpg]
 Filename
306066539_1268828797241916_546304650109313113_n.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1362 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
38 time(s)