Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
8k rendering
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
there was a post which admin locked with ref to 5.1k or 8k rendering.
Admin did post a link to a method that worked, when i say worked it worked on a test file a while ago, but since that original post was made power director has stopped the rendering of 5.1k or 8k videos ie the settings are no longer on offer and the limiy is 4k only.
getting back to the working example admin posted i informed them it didnt work, but admin only tried it on the test file which works !!!!!! but if you trying it with an updated file it will not work as powewr director max format for rendering it 4k MAX.
admin refused to believe it didnt work as they had only ever tested it on a 10 sec clip from a format used approx 2 yrs ago as that is how old the exampe or test file was it may have worked back then but i have taken it passed the test example and tried it with my own files. Admin refused to believe my post on new files that it no longer worked, and where insulting to me and then locked the thread.
so i have made this new post in the hope there is a new work around or if powerdirector are going to open there software to higher setting ie, 5.1k of 8k formats ...................................
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote there was a post which admin locked with ref to 5.1k or 8k rendering.
Admin did post a link to a method that worked, when i say worked it worked on a test file a while ago, but since that original post was made power director has stopped the rendering of 5.1k or 8k videos ie the settings are no longer on offer and the limiy is 4k only.
getting back to the working example admin posted i informed them it didnt work, but admin only tried it on the test file which works !!!!!! but if you trying it with an updated file it will not work as powewr director max format for rendering it 4k MAX.
admin refused to believe it didnt work as they had only ever tested it on a 10 sec clip from a format used approx 2 yrs ago as that is how old the exampe or test file was it may have worked back then but i have taken it passed the test example and tried it with my own files. Admin refused to believe my post on new files that it no longer worked, and where insulting to me and then locked the thread.
so i have made this new post in the hope there is a new work around or if powerdirector are going to open there software to higher setting ie, 5.1k of 8k formats ...................................

Hi,

In the interests of harmony, and to set the record straight, I attach 2 files using the standard sample clip Mountainbiker.mp4 produced with PDR365 Business 20.8.3212 within the last 20 mins.

I invited you to start a new topic to avoid confusing the other 8k topic, and because you had declined to follow up your 5.1 topic.

At no time were you insulted, but you were reminded that just repeatedly asserting something, without any form of supporting evidence, doesn't make it so and that the forum works best in a spirit of co-operation because all members give of their time and expertise voluntarily to help others. There is no obligation for a member to answer any post, nor should there be an expectation that any post should be answered.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
 Filename
5.1 render.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
55475 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
75 time(s)
 Filename
8k render .mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
57560 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
86 time(s)
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

In the interests of harmony, and to set the record straight, I attach 2 files using the standard sample clip Mountainbiker.mp4 produced with PDR365 Business 20.8.3212 within the last 20 mins.

I invited you to start a new topic to avoid confusing the other 8k topic, and because you had declined to follow up your 5.1 topic.

At no time were you insulted, but you were reminded that just repeatedly asserting something, without any form of supporting evidence, doesn't make it so and that the forum works best in a spirit of co-operation because all members give of their time and expertise voluntarily to help others. There is no obligation for a member to answer any post, nor should there be an expectation that any post should be answered.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

There is no real difference in the method of rendering between 5.1k and 8k that's why I never made a new post or thread.and regarding being rude to me why don't you post youpm you sent to me
.and as I said you ref to a two yr old post and no matter how manytimes I said it didn't work, you weren't having it.and locked the thread did you not ?
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

There is no real difference in the method of rendering between 5.1k and 8k that's why I never made a new post or thread.and regarding being rude to me why don't you post youpm you sent to me
.and as I said you ref to a two yr old post and no matter how manytimes I said it didn't work, you weren't having it.and locked the thread did you not ?

your reply to me by pm ,

Hi,
In this post on 19/08/22

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97387.page#post_box_392084

I produced a 5.1k file from a custom 5.1k profile which was derived from tomasc's method for an 8k profile and file.

Both the produced file and the custom 5.1k profile were attached for your benefit.

I'm not sure what more I can do to convince you that it is possible.

Unless you participate constructively in the process, nothing
further will happen - no other member will waste their voluntary time in
demonstrating the possible, when you say "You will get a profile but it
won't allow you to render at 8k. The max it allows is 4k" with no
support or evidence of your assertion provided.

I certainly have other members to support, in preference to one who just says "Pointless power director max's out at 4k".

So the ball's in your court.

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2022 05:33

Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
and here is power director reply to my email i sent them .

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

We understand that you are trying to render/produce in 5.1K with PowerDirector 365. We are more than willing to assist you.

With reference to your query, please be informed that per current
program design, the highest produce resolution for PowerDirector 365 is
up to 4K (4096 x 2160).

We appreciate your feedback/suggestion and please be advised that it
will be forwarded to our product team as a feature development reference
for consideration.

Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or
assistance related to CyberLink products. Use the link below to get back
to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,

Rhia
CyberLink Technical Support
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I see it that everyone has a valid position.

jaybe2786 claims the current PD20 product does not support higher than 4K resolution, which is true. The program interface as it’s currently configured has no options to produce higher than 4K content from within the GUI interface. So his position is valid.

CL support is correct, the program interface as it’s currently configured has no options to produce higher than 4K content.

PDM and many forum contributors are correct in implying a hack can be utilized via a manual edit of the profile.ini file to produce above 4K content. This hack does not create a proper canned higher resolution selectable in the gui, it simply exposes a profile that can be selected and produced to. The profile attributes can be viewed in the current GUI. Editing this unique profile wiThin the PD GUI often breaks it. This unique produce profile from a manual edit of profile.ini file can be used to produce a 5.1 or 8K video file. To produce at these higher resolutions in PD, one also needs appropriate hardware or you will get the standard error to update drivers and Windows media player.

So if one does not want to use the hack, or has appropriate hardware, one is stuck with the current 4K the GUI currently supports.

Jeff
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I see it that everyone has a valid position.

jaybe2786 claims the current PD20 product does not support higher than 4K resolution, which is true. The program interface as it’s currently configured has no options to produce higher than 4K content from within the GUI interface. So his position is valid.

CL support is correct, the program interface as it’s currently configured has no options to produce higher than 4K content.

PDM and many forum contributors are correct in implying a hack can be utilized via a manual edit of the profile.ini file to produce above 4K content. This hack does not create a proper canned higher resolution selectable in the gui, it simply exposes a profile that can be selected and produced to. The profile attributes can be viewed in the current GUI. Editing this unique profile wiThin the PD GUI often breaks it. This unique produce profile from a manual edit of profile.ini file can be used to produce a 5.1 or 8K video file. To produce at these higher resolutions in PD, one also needs appropriate hardware or you will get the standard error to update drivers and Windows media player.

So if one does not want to use the hack, or has appropriate hardware, one is stuck with the current 4K the GUI currently supports.

Jeff

Jeff thank you for your post, i did try the manuel edit which only works with the demo files, if you try the same method with own files
it does not offer 5.1k or 8k the only option it gives is for 4k only.
the reason i was after a higher spec is i have a dji mavic 3 which records at 5.1k.
what i did find out a couple of months ago when i 1st had my dji mavic 3 it could be viewed on youtube at 5.1k .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5thry6lYX7c

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 22. 2022 20:54

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, it does work on my own files.

it's unclear to me what you mean by "It does not offer 5.1k or 8k the only option it gives is for 4K." As mentioned prior, no GUI interface will show these higher resolution options. You just select that custom produce profile you made and produce your video. The produced video will have the resolution defined in that custom profile.

BTW, watch your editing of quote posts, you mess up the format half the time and no one can respond correctly until PDM modifies and corrects your ill formatted post.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2022 05:09

Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes, it does work on my own files.

it's unclear to me what you mean by "It does not offer 5.1k or 8k the only option it gives is for 4K." As mentioned prior, no GUI interface will show these higher resolution options. You just select that custom produce profile you made and produce your video. The produced video will have the resolution defined in that custom profile.

BTW, watch your editing of quote posts, you mess up the format half the time and no one can respond correctly until PDM modifies and corrects your ill formatted post.

Jeff

i am 61 yrs old and cant read these replies on my mobile phone, and your pulling me up for it ? being subtle isnt one of your forta's is it Jl lol ps one day you will be old
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
i am 61 yrs old and cant read these replies on my mobile phone, and your pulling me up for it ? being subtle isnt one of your forta's is it Jl lol ps one day you will be old

I just last month became part of the 61 group too. It was simply an informative comment to keep the post responses going. Waiting for PDM to correct so a volunteer can respond properly to the thread at times can take 12 hours or more.

I wish you the very best on your high resolution produce.

Jeff
2dguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 12:33 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
If you're posting on youtube, you're potential viewing market for that 8k footage is extremely.....small.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you're posting on youtube, you're potential viewing market for that 8k footage is extremely.....small.

I was just wanting to post 5.1k as i have a dji mavic 3 which records at 5.1k, with ref to the 8k i mentioned that as i have a 8k tv
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

I was just wanting to post 5.1k as i have a dji mavic 3 which records at 5.1k, with ref to the 8k i mentioned that as i have a 8k tv

I have a dji mavic 3 when i record in 5.1K and then edit it with
power director the software limits it to 4k only, which defeats the
object!!!! but the sad thing about it i posted the exact same video
with audio using power director and it showed up as 5.1k this was may
2022. After That power director limited there software to a max of 4k
only, they didnt make it public still havent.
so i wont be renewing my (power director) once it runs out this year.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you're posting on youtube, you're potential viewing market for that 8k footage is extremely.....small.

Your reply is incorrect if i post in 5.1k it doesnt stop anyone viewing the video at 4k or even less,
2dguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 12:33 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]

Your reply is incorrect if i post in 5.1k it doesnt stop anyone viewing the video at 4k or even less,

The point was not many people if any...are going to watch it at 8k. Is the investment in time/resources even worth it at that point?
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well yes as I said I bought a dji mavic 3 which videos at 5.1k
And the reason I mentioned 8k is because its the next step up
from 4k.so when I mention a 8k tv, that's what you would need
to view a 5.1k video.Is it worth it my view is yes as you can see the
quality differeance in a 5.1k video, there is also other drone makers
who use 6k video, it's called moving with the times..

1. Just a shame powerdirecto 365 doesn't see it that way.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jaybee2786 -

I’ve been following these threads about rendering to 8K & 5.1K. Similar discussions can be found throughout the PDR forums, going back years.

Agreed, it’d be a lot simpler if PDR offered these production profiles as part of “the package” but it doesn’t. Other members have shown that it can be done, even though it may take some tweaking of the Profile.ini.

You mentioned that you’re using a DJI Mavic3. I don’t have one so I downloaded some original 5.1K sample clips to replicate your scenario.

Unfortunately, using these clips & going to Produce > Profile Analyzer PDR offers no “best matched format” or Intelligent SVRT” options. That would be a simple way to create a profile, as tomasc showed here.

PDR does allow you to customize profiles within the GUI & by editing the Profile.ini (as others have shown) you CAN render your Mavic3 5.1K clips in the way you want.

There are two profiles in the attached doc. One for AVC H.264 & the other for HEVC H.265. They reasonably closely match the 5.1K clips I tested. All you have to do is open the doc with Notepad, copy the contents, then paste them into your Profile.ini.

Both profiles are named DJI Mavic3 5.1K/30p 100Mbps. They’ll appear under the Custom dropdown in the Produce module when you select either AVC or HEVC.

""

BTW, I made the VBR 100Mbps in the custom profiles even though the bitrate of the test clips was a good bit higher. It's all adjustable anyway.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Profile (copy paste).ini
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
117 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2022 17:48

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Many thanks Tony.i am view your post on my mobile and will look into it tomorrow
On my pc.
I still can't understand why powerdirector limited the software
To 4k max, when it was so easy to leave it as it was, as I
Would have thought it would have opened the software to
Users who rendered higher than 4k.
Again I thank you and will use your settings thank you very much.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again -

It's a little embarrassing for this thread to state "Solved by ynotfish" when I was simply repeating what other members had said embarassed

Please see attached the side-by-side MediaInfo reports for the original .MOV clip from DJI Mavic 3 & the H.264/H.265 produced files from PDR20.

Maybe one of my more technical/mathematical forum colleagues could explain why MediaInfo reports the VBR for the MOV file as 1528 Mb/s when the Mavic3 specs state a maximum of 200Mbps. BTW, PDR did not report the VBR in Properties.
[Thumb - DJI Mavic3 5.1K Media Info.png]
 Filename
DJI Mavic3 5.1K Media Info.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
99 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
so the fact i edited and uploaded a 5.1k video even when power director says it couldnt be done and have said its youtube that uploaded the 4k video and made it 5.1k.

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

With regard to your concern, as aforementioned, per current program
design, since the first version of PowerDirector 365 v20 that released
in 2021 Sept. and the newer versions that released later in 2022 Spring
and Summer, the highest video production resolution that PowerDirector
supports is 4K (and the 4K variant resolution up to 4096 x 3072 pixels,
which is in different video aspect ratios).

We really appreciate
that you provide the YouTube link to help us clarify your concern, per
our checking, the uploaded video shows 5462 x 3072 (5K) resolution on
YouTube, and the video is edited and titles, audio added. However, after
consulting with our engineering team, we are afraid that the
PowerDirector 365 indeed does NOT support producing videos in 5462 x
3072 resolution no matter with the versions released previously or each
new version that released within 2022 later so far.

During the
video uploading process, YouTube would transcode the video
automatically. If you still have the concern about the video resolution
on YouTube, as we are not the developer of the 3rd party social platform
YouTube, we are not able the find out or investigate why the 5K option
is available. We suggest you to consult with the YouTube support to have
further clarification.

YouTube Support
https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

For
your concern and better user experience, we have re-escalated the
suggestion to our product team to raise the suggestion volume to support
the 5K video rendering feature in PowerDirector.

We really appreciate your feedback.