Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Saving the complete package after adding files
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Once I have saved teh whole project package and later make some chnages and add and delete images, is this reflected in that folder, or is uit best I delet that folder and save the porject to a new one?

I recall saving the changes but ebnded up with 2 of the orioginal images, etc.

oz
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not clear if you asking about simply saving the project (PDS file), or if you're referring to packing the actual project and saving eerything, including all media clips, to a new folder.

PDS files don't store any media, and each time you open it PD will expect to find all the clips in their original folders. PD doesn't make any changes to the media at all, regardless of the additions or deletions to the project timeline and Media Room.

If you've packed a project then made changes to the media you've used, you'll need to pack the project again to retain copies of all the current clips. I highly recommend using a different folder and then deleting the original packed project folder to free up space on your hard drive.
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you. It was the full packing of files for the project.
The only was I get access to the files without having look for lost ones.