Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm having terrible trouble trying to edit out this flare
ThirstyExplorer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2022 06:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I admit I'm new. Tried cloning, blending, and removing. Can I color blend transparent color over the top??

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I love this picture.
[Thumb - Sacra di San Michele (85).jpg]
 Filename
Sacra di San Michele (85).jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
8043 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2022 20:19

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
I tried using the Smart Patch, but it requires large amount of manual tuning and I still couldn't get a satisfied result.

Instead of removing the flare, I might consider adding a white Light Hit to cover this flare (which the flare is in strange color).

You can use the Light Hits tool in the Gudied room, and then select the option "Enable template resize" to adjust the light hit size into smaller one. Move the light hit position to cover the flare completely.

The result brings this photo with another atmosphere, but in my opinion, the added light hit is not bad.

FYI
ThirstyExplorer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2022 06:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I tried using the Smart Patch, but it requires large amount of manual tuning and I still couldn't get a satisfied result.

Instead of removing the flare, I might consider adding a white Light Hit to cover this flare (which the flare is in strange color).

You can use the Light Hits tool in the Gudied room, and then select the option "Enable template resize" to adjust the light hit size into smaller one. Move the light hit position to cover the flare completely.

The result brings this photo with another atmosphere, but in my opinion, the added light hit is not bad.

FYI

Thank you!