Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where is "Replace" option?
mohitk [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2019 11:15 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
When i am trying to put one file over another file from timeline then "Replace" option doesn't show . Replace option only shows when i am trying to put file from library.

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
That is a good observation, Mohitk!
Of course you can always delete the clip from track 2 (from you example) and drag the same from the media room onto the clip in track 1, but that is two steps.
Maybe put forward a suggestion to CL to make this a 1-step thing?
mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That is a good observation, Mohitk!
Of course you can always delete the clip from track 2 (from you example) and drag the same from the media room onto the clip in track 1, but that is two steps.
Maybe put forward a suggestion to CL to make this a 1-step thing?

I want to use 'replace' option for some other reasons i.e using same attributes, mask, border etc. I have 10 clips on 10 different tracks so replace option makes my editing fast.
As for now, i have to produce file everytime, import into library and then use replace option.

I wonder why there is no replace option when someone put one clip on another clip in timeline.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmm. If you are after copying attributes from one clip to another, did you try the copy attributes?
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/20/win/enu/08_12_00_utilizing_keyframes_o.html
Many but not all attributes are transferred from the one to one or more others at the same time....
mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hmmm. If you are after copying attributes from one clip to another, did you try the copy attributes?
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/20/win/enu/08_12_00_utilizing_keyframes_o.html
Many but not all attributes are transferred from the one to one or more others at the same time....

I've already know this but one need to follow 3 steps while copy and paste file attributes. One more thing,One can't copy & paste border settings whereas replace option does these all things in only one step.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 16. 2022 05:17