Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
We need some dialogue stickers!
Ed19712022 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2022 09:44 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Folks,

Just a suggestion -- some dialogue stickers would be really good.

There aren't really any blank shapes we can use to add dialogue to photos (like for a photo story).

Another related question: can you add your OWN stickers? That would solve the problem!

Thx,

Ed
[Post New]
Hello again Ed,

In PhD, the Edit module allows you to overlay images, such as speech bubbles, add text. & rearrange them as you wish.

Yes, of course you can create & import your own "stickers" using the Add Photo Layer option.

If you use the subscription version (365) you may find some effect packs meet your needs. There's a zipped folder of varying quality speech bubbles attached. Have a play.

PIX
 Filename
Speech Bubbles.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3404 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
90 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
Ed19712022 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello again Ed,

In PhD, the Edit module allows you to overlay images, such as speech bubbles, add text. & rearrange them as you wish.

Yes, of course you can create & import your own "stickers" using the Add Photo Layer option.

If you use the subscription version (365) you may find some effect packs meet your needs. There's a zipped folder of varying quality speech bubbles attached. Have a play.

PIX

Hey Pix,

Thank you so much! I have had a lot of success bringing in some PNGs now that I have transparent backgrounds for, these work best for my purposes. While it is a bit fiddly because I don't think you can resize a picture to fit the text automatically, the fact you can just cut and paste dialogue bubbles from one pic to another is just brilliant.

Thank you so much for your help as always!

Ed
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There are the white balls on the dialog balloons to resize on my version of PhD once I highlight it.
Ed19712022 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There are the white balls on the dialog balloons to resize on my version of PhD once I highlight it.

Hi Tomasc,

Sorry, I didn't explain this quite correctly. Resizing works fine as you say. But the balloons are not "smart", they cannot be resized to fit the text automatically (like you could do in a word processor, for example) , because the text and the ballon are just layers. This means you have to adjust each balloon to fit each piece of text you add, which is pretty time-consuming...

At least, that's what seems to be the case.

Thx,

Ed

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2022 07:05

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah I see what you mean. The dialog balloons are titles in Cyberlink PowerDirector and they don’t resize automatically at all in the program. You have to do it in title designer manually too if you want. Yes you could do this in word as you say.