Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No undo for a lot of things in "Guided"
Ed19712022 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2022 09:44 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, posted in error.

What is confusing is this:

• If you take a normal photo (i.e. an original, that you have only maybe done something to with the Adjustment window) and go to Guided, many effects, like e,.g. Bokeh are done instantly and you cannot undo them. This creates a new virtual photo with the effect "baked-in". There is no way to back out of this, there is no undo, it always happens.

• If, however, you take a virtual photo and then add one of these instant effects again, you CAN undo the last effect (but not the first one that created the virtul photo).

That is very confusing!

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Aug 11. 2022 20:49

[Post New]
Hello Ed,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Your observations are correct & thank you for posting them.

Indeed - clicking "Clear" only removes the most recent adjustment. Using Ctrl+Z (undo) takes you back step by step through the adjustments made, but does no revert the photo to its original state.

I'm sure the designers didn't intend for this to be a "feature"! I'll bring it to the attention of my contacts at CyberLink.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Ed19712022 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2022 09:44 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Ed,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Your observations are correct & thank you for posting them.

Indeed - clicking "Clear" only removes the most recent adjustment. Using Ctrl+Z (undo) takes you back step by step through the adjustments made, but does no revert the photo to its original state.

I'm sure the designers didn't intend for this to be a "feature"! I'll bring it to the attention of my contacts at CyberLink.

PIX

Hi Pix!

Thank you for confirming the problem. I'm used to it now, so it's OK, but it was another little thing that caught me out while getting to grips with PhD. I do love the program though, I've got so many great snaps now that have been improved way beyond my meagre photo editing skills!

Thx,

Ed