Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to save changes to Movie Info (PowerDVD 22)
Gunnerb52 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2019 18:21 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I went through and made changes to my movie library such as editing the movie name to remove "The" or changing the cover art, sometimes having to change the movie information to the correct movie. How do I save those changes so that if I move movies around or re-install PowerDVD I do not have to redo all the changes? I was moving movies to a different drive and when I looked at the movie information it was defaulted back to what it was before I made changes.

Even if I cannot save the movie information changes for when I change drives I want to save the information in case I ever have to re-install the software.

Sometimes it cannot find certain movies in the database. How can I get the movie information updated if it doesn't show as a choice to pick? For example City Slickers was found with the information filled out. City Slickers 2 didn't even show as an option.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
If you move the movie files to different drives, Powerdvd will think it is a new file, and revert the changes back to the default info downloaded from Moovielive.

If you have to re-install Powerdvd, just make sure you import your personal settings as explained here.

If some Moovielive movie info is wrong or incomplete, just contact Cyberlink about and they should fix it.

Dave
Gunnerb52 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2019 18:21 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you move the movie files to different drives, Powerdvd will think it is a new file, and revert the changes back to the default info downloaded from Moovielive.

If you have to re-install Powerdvd, just make sure you import your personal settings as explained here.

If some Moovielive movie info is wrong or incomplete, just contact Cyberlink about and they should fix it.

Dave

Will they add movies that their system does not list? I have tried multiple variations of some titles and it never finds them. For instance I think there is 1 movie out of all the Friday the 13th series that is not listed.

And 3 from the Charlie Brown specials. And they are some of the more popular Charlie Brown. If so I will make a list and send it to them. Do you know where to send it? Or is that information on the movie info page?

When I was saying re-install PowerDVD I meant if I had to re-install on a fresh windows installation. I usually do a completely new installation on my computer once a year to clean up the system.
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]

And 3 from the Charlie Brown specials. And they are some of the more popular Charlie Brown. If so I will make a list and send it to them. Do you know where to send it? Or is that information on the movie info page?

Hello,

Please send the request to https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2022 23:17

johnnyC604 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 13, 2022 17:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I spent an entire day editing movie information including setting cover art, changing matching movie information, editing movie information, etc.

In fact, I have 3 computers all equipped with powerdvd 22, and had the same exact problems with movie matching information on all 3. I went through the same exercise to correct the matching errors on all 3 systems.

Much to my dismay, the changes I made are gradually being reverted to the original bad information on all 3 systems. As soon as I change the information to what I want in there, it goes back to default on the next restart.

WTF??????????????????????????????

Evidently powerdvd 22 is not saving the changes, or is saving them in volatile memory. As this is 3 different systems. it is not an isolated case. I have about 1300 movies stored on 16TB disks, and Powerdvd 22 is turinng out to be more of a problem than a solution. I see this often enough to believe it is a systemic problem with storing changes to movies information inherent in Powerdvd 22.

What is Cyberlink's explanation of this
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I spent an entire day editing movie information including setting cover art, changing matching movie information, editing movie information, etc.

In fact, I have 3 computers all equipped with powerdvd 22, and had the same exact problems with movie matching information on all 3. I went through the same exercise to correct the matching errors on all 3 systems.

Much to my dismay, the changes I made are gradually being reverted to the original bad information on all 3 systems. As soon as I change the information to what I want in there, it goes back to default on the next restart.

WTF??????????????????????????????

Evidently powerdvd 22 is not saving the changes, or is saving them in volatile memory. As this is 3 different systems. it is not an isolated case. I have about 1300 movies stored on 16TB disks, and Powerdvd 22 is turinng out to be more of a problem than a solution. I see this often enough to believe it is a systemic problem with storing changes to movies information inherent in Powerdvd 22.

What is Cyberlink's explanation of this

It seems you host your movie library on a NAS or network drive, right?
Or, you really have 16TB hard drives installed on all 3 different platforms?

I do not encounter the same issue after set custom movie info for my movies that are stored on my local hard drive.

The possible cause that your custom movie info reset is because a normal network drive reonnection might reset the library linking status, and powerdvd rescan and treated your movies that you've previously edited as new imported movies from scratch.

You can try that if you moved some of your movies to local hard drive, import the movies from local, and change movie info of them in powerdvd movie library. Then, check if the info still got reset for those local movie titles.