Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing tools in PD 16
plushkrazee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2017 14:36 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
When editing, the only tools I have access to is split and trim. Under drop down box for tools, there is Power tools, Audio Ducking, Motion Tracker, Action Camera, Blending effect, and View. What happened to the other tools like ripple, slide, etc?
[Thumb - Some tools missing.JPG]
 Filename
Some tools missing.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
245 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 06. 2022 11:13

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Save your screenshot as a PNG or JPG then use the Attachments button under the forum's text box to share it here.

That will probably give us a better idea of what's going on.

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the attachment, but I'm still not sure what you're saying. In PD17, if I select a single timeline clip and then choose the Tools tab, these are my choices:

The options change when 2 or more clips are selected, but I don't recall ever seeing options like Ripple or Slide

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When editing, the only tools I have access to is split and trim. Under drop down box for tools, there is Power tools, Audio Ducking, Motion Tracker, Action Camera, Blending effect, and View. What happened to the other tools like ripple, slide, etc?

Ripple and Slide are in other editors. Film... Prem.... Not in PD.
plushkrazee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2017 14:36 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the attachment, but I'm still not sure what you're saying. In PD17, if I select a single timeline clip and then choose the Tools tab, these are my choices:

The options change when 2 or more clips are selected, but I don't recall ever seeing options like Ripple or Slide

Ok sorry, I got my editing programs mixed up. Just trying to make simple home video and inserting a clip in the middle of the timeline. I think I figured out how to do that without manually moving each clip.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15. 2022 02:54