Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Collage feature - Can you time when slide 2 comes into picture?
Jupiter123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 31, 2022 16:52 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I am trying to create collage where AFTER video 1 snippit then video 2 comes into picture. Currently, even in custom mode, video 2 comes in fast. Anyone know if you can hold 2 to come in after 1 finished? Is this even possible and if so how? Thank you!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello. I am trying to create collage where AFTER video 1 snippit then video 2 comes into picture. Currently, even in custom mode, video 2 comes in fast. Anyone know if you can hold 2 to come in after 1 finished? Is this even possible and if so how? Thank you!

Hi,
Not exactly sure what you are looking for? An annotated screenshot or screen capture would be useful?

I presume you are using the Video Collage Designer, is that correct? If so, maybe what you are looking for is under Advanced Settings>Playback timing>Delay.

If not, I guessed wrong and more info is needed!

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Jupiter123 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
Not exactly sure what you are looking for? An annotated screenshot or screen capture would be useful?

I presume you are using the Video Collage Designer, is that correct? If so, maybe what you are looking for is under Advanced Settings>Playback timing>Delay.

If not, I guessed wrong and more info is needed!

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks, yes I am using Video Collage Designer. I have one video playing first, then I want other video to come in and play. The playback timing under advanced doesn't control when 2nd video comes in - just its playback.... any suggestions? Thanks.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
If it is ONLY two clips you want to work with, it may be easier to just put the second clip after the first on the timeline, and find an appropriate transition or -if you want part of the first clip to remain visible, use the pip designer to move clip 2 in over (part of ) the first clip. If you use borders, you can make it look like collage is being used.
This would even be possible with more than twe clips, but become more time consuming to make it right, but you have more controle to get precisely what you need.
Jupiter123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If it is ONLY two clips you want to work with, it may be easier to just put the second clip after the first on the timeline, and find an appropriate transition or -if you want part of the first clip to remain visible, use the pip designer to move clip 2 in over (part of ) the first clip. If you use borders, you can make it look like collage is being used.
This would even be possible with more than twe clips, but become more time consuming to make it right, but you have more controle to get precisely what you need.

THANK YOU! Great idea!