Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Plaid pattern over image when previewing
Myemerald
Member Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Dec 15, 2016 12:21 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
I've never had this happen before, but my images have a sort of plaid pattern overlaid on them in photo viewer. It disappears when I click to zoom. The pattern is not there when viewing in photo viewer & browser or photo browser only.

Image with plaid pattern

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks! DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
[Post New]
Hello Myemerald,

That's a particular issue I've not experienced with PhD. Thank you for uploading the screenshot showing the problem. Let's try to narrow the possibilities.

1. Does the same issue occur in other photo viewers with that photo? (e,g, Windows Photos)

2. Is the problem occurring with all photos or only particular ones?

3. What options do you have checked under Preferences > Hardware Acceleration?

Could you please upload the original photo so members can test?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Myemerald
[Post New]
Thank you Pix.

Does the same issue occur in other photo viewers with that photo? (e,g, Windows Photos)

It now appears to be random. When I uploaded the exported photo to my Google Drive, even though it is now fine in PhD, I see a faint plaid over it in the GD viewer.

Is the problem occurring with all photos or only particular ones?

It was occurring on all photos in this project (I haven't looked at other projects). Just now when I went back to this project it was NOT occurring.

What options do you have checked under Preferences > Hardware Acceleration?

Enable Hardware Acceleration for video decoding.

Here's the original exported from PhD (with edits).
Here's the original straight from the camera.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 31. 2022 13:49

DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This only happens on viewing those two photos over an internet connection. Suspect that the dithering is necessary because of the server bandwidth.
Myemerald
[Post New]
Quote This only happens on viewing those two photos over an internet connection. Suspect that the dithering is necessary because of the server bandwidth.

That would explain why it's not consistently happening.
Thanks tomasc! DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
[Post New]
Hello again Myemerald,

There is no display issue with your original photo straight from the camera here. That won't surprise you because, as you've said, the issue seems to be a bit random.

In any case, I'm pleased things appear to have returned to normal & you can get on with your editing.

PIX PIX YouTube channel