Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create an 8k Custom profile in PD20/365
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Reference post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97363.page .

Here is an easy way to create an 8K custom profile in PD365. Follow these steps.

1. Download the attached Asus 8k Phone 10 sec.mp4 and place it on the timeline.

2. Do Alt-S to show that svrt is available with a custom profile working 100%. See the screenshot.

3. Check the Clip properties to confirm the resolution, fps, and bitrates.

4. Go to the Produce Page. Click the Profile Analyzer. Click the Intelligent SVRT tab. See the custom profile name, type, 7680x4320 resolution, 29.97 fps, 22 Mbps, Workload reduced 100%.

5. Click Ok and the Intelligent SVRT - New Profile window pops up. You need to fill in the blue highlighted Profile name with the resolution like 7680 x 4320/30p so one can remember what it is for.

6. Add to the Profile description the other pertinent data like frame rate, bitrate, etc. that describe the custom profile.

7. Click OK on that box and the custom 8k profile is created.

Use that custom 8k profile on 8k videos. Using Nvidia Nvenc took 28 seconds to produce that 10 sec. Video on the timeline. Cpu encoding took 2 min, 30 seconds to produce. See the cpu encoded screenshot. More on this later as producing 8k video works differently, better, and faster with the earlier versions of PowerDirector.
[Thumb - PD365 8k hevc test cpu encode.png]
 Filename
PD365 8k hevc test cpu encode.png
[Disk]
 Description
CPU encoding is slow when compared to Nvenc.
 Filesize
382 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
42 time(s)
 Filename
Asus 8k Phone 10 sec.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
To be placed on the timeline.
 Filesize
27047 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
152 time(s)
[Thumb - PD365 8k hevc test.png]
 Filename
PD365 8k hevc test.png
[Disk]
 Description
Confirm clip properties.
 Filesize
451 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
42 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30. 2022 14:32

BijDePinkenTV [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2022 07:57 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Reference post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97363.page .

Here is an easy way to create an 8K custom profile in PD365. Follow these steps.

1. Download the attached Asus 8k Phone 10 sec.mp4 and place it on the timeline.

2. Do Alt-S to show that svrt is available with a custom profile working 100%. See the screenshot.

3. Check the Clip properties to confirm the resolution, fps, and bitrates.

4. Go to the Produce Page. Click the Profile Analyzer. Click the Intelligent SVRT tab. See the custom profile name, type, 7680x4320 resolution, 29.97 fps, 22 Mbps, Workload reduced 100%.

5. Click Ok and the Intelligent SVRT - New Profile window pops up. You need to fill in the blue highlighted Profile name with the resolution like 7680 x 4320/30p so one can remember what it is for.

6. Add to the Profile description the other pertinent data like frame rate, bitrate, etc. that describe the custom profile.

7. Click OK on that box and the custom 8k profile is created.

Use that custom 8k profile on 8k videos. Using Nvidia Nvenc took 28 seconds to produce that 10 sec. Video on the timeline. Cpu encoding took 2 min, 30 seconds to produce. See the cpu encoded screenshot. More on this later as producing 8k video works differently, better, and faster with the earlier versions of PowerDirector.

Wow, you have solved my problem! This really worked for me, thank you so much for taking the time to show how to do it!
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

Wow, you have solved my problem! This really worked for me, thank you so much for taking the time to show how to do it!

no when i click on the file to be rendered once ive done everything in your link it will only allow me to render at 4k not 8k,
i am not saying it didnt work when the post was 1st posted but i beleieve power director has max out at 4k only for now
on the original link you sent if you look at a post stating ,pd limit is now 4k only

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2022 16:41

Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Power director need to get its finger out with 4k being its max, if not its time i found a software that can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

no when i click on the file to be rendered once ive done everything in your link it will only allow me to render at 4k not 8k,
i am not saying it didnt work when the post was 1st posted but i beleieve power director has max out at 4k only for now
on the original link you sent if you look at a post stating ,pd limit is now 4k only

Hi

Not sure what has happened on your system.
I followed tomasc's instructions and I got an 8k profile.

I then customised that profile further to 5.1K and produced a 5.1K version of the original 8K sample.

I have attached the necessary text that you can add to the end of your Profile.ini file at
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\UserConfigure

Take a backup of the Profile.ini file for safety, open the original in a plain text editor like notepad, and copy the 5.1K profile at the end of any other contents, save and then see if that is available in PDR.

I have only altered the resolution to 5.1 not anything else, but there are plenty of posts on the forums on custom profiles for any further editing you may wish to do.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
 Filename
Test 5.1K.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
28180 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
91 time(s)
 Filename
8K altered to 5.1K profile.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
833 bytes
 Downloaded:
295 time(s)

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
You will get a profile but it won't allow you to render at 8k
The max it allows is 4k
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You will get a profile but it won't allow you to render at 8k
The max it allows is 4k

Hi,
I'm not sure you're right!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
 Filename
Test 8k.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
26003 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
168 time(s)
[Thumb - 8k Mediainfo.png]
 Filename
8k Mediainfo.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
123 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
30 time(s)
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
I'm not sure you're right!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Well I tried it and the max is 4k
[Post New]

Well I tried it and the max is 4k

Then perhaps we need to see exactly what you are doing and how we might find a solution?

In your other topic you wanted a 5.1k profile
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97466.page

Perhaps we should continue in that post rather than mixing it up with this topic on 8k profiles, which was only given as an example of how to get a custom profile from a sample clip.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Power director has geen aware of this limit as they set it
At present the max you can render a video is 4k.
Rather than question me as power director yourself .
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Dude what is your problem? Volunteers have made custom profiles available many times on the forum and tomasc even took time to make this How To video specifically to help other people. I have no idea what steps you're skipping or why you insist that nothing beyond 4K is available, but you're 100% incorrect and blaming everyone else isn't helpful.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Dude what is your problem? Volunteers have made custom profiles available many times on the forum and tomasc even took time to make this How To video specifically to help other people. I have no idea what steps you're skipping or why you insist that nothing beyond 4K is available, but you're 100% incorrect and blaming everyone else isn't helpful.

Try it yourself it doesn't work that post is 2 yrs old .it worked back then but doesn't now.

And my name is not dude

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 21. 2022 20:30

[Post New]
Moderation Note

The original post by tomasc forms a valuable resource for those who want to easily get an 8k custom profile.

To avoid confusion and to ensure it remains a resource, rather than get diluted by irrelevant details, we have locked the topic.

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 22. 2022 09:58