Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Graphics card inquiry
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

We have a DEll T3600 with a NVIDIA NVS 315 Display and looking to update it to this card..

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-GTX-1650-SUPER-AERO-ITX-OC

Would we see a much better rendrr time if I made the change?

Thanks,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The Dell T3600 workstation is 9 years old with that Fermi 2.0 generation card. Many users would stay with the Quadro cards for stability. Interesting that this 19 watt tdp card passmark is higher at 10073 than the 100 watt tdp GTX 1650 Super passmark of 10055. These card pricing of the two is within $20 of each other at launch dates.

The MSI GTX 1650 card requires a 6 pin power connector. See this article on Board Design: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/msi-gtx-1650-super-aero-itx.b7443 . Go to the Dell website. You need to check the workstation for the power supply rating and if there is that 6 pin power supply connector available. You need an additional 81 watts to run this card.

You should be able to do nvidia nvenc encoding with the new card in PD20/365. You may expect a 3X to 8X reduction in rendering time depending on resolution and bitrate for avc and hevc.
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Many thanks for that in depth reply.

Yes it is a bit of a Dino however we do manage to chug along as it is. :

Did I get you right that the new card will give a reduction in render to the one we already have for 20/365?

I appreciate your expert opinion.

Thanks again.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Did I get you right that the new card will give a reduction in render to the one we already have for 20/365?

Yes. Like night and day. That Nvidia nvs 315 requires the old 8 year old fermi drivers and like PD12 to have hardware encoding for avc 1080p.

You can have 8K video encoding with the GTX 1660 Super for an additional $100 if using PD365. The Power Supply in that Dell may need to be replaced anyway to allow the power consumption of any more powerful video cards that you may buy..