Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Custom profile problems
BijDePinkenTV [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2022 07:57 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Please help me out here.
I can't seem to adjust the custom profile to 8K resolutions.
Why can't I choose more?

I am trying to edit 8K videos. Thank you in advance!
8KOrNot
FrameRateLimit
\
ResolutionLimit
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
8K is not supprted by PD 365. The max is 4096x3072
BijDePinkenTV [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote 8K is not supprted by PD 365. The max is 4096x3072

Thank you for your message. Can you tell me what version I would need?
Or if I want to create a custom profile for 4K at 60fps, what Mbps should I choose?

Thank you
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you for your message. Can you tell me what version I would need?
Or if I want to create a custom profile for 4K at 60fps, what Mbps should I choose?

Thank you

non of the PD versions supports higher than 4K.
the Mbps depends on the codec used and the purpose, usage, platform. Suggest that you have a look at what YouTube defines.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Warry is correct that no version of PD offers a default produce profile above 4K, however I answered your question in the other discussion.
BijDePinkenTV [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Warry is correct that no version of PD offers a default produce profile above 4K, however I answered your question in the other discussion.

I have tried all the steps, I copied the downloaded folders to the right map...but there are still no custom options available. Also no options for the 8K settings. Maybe it's my laptop, I have tried it a few times in a row but no succes.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You have to be using the exact same AVC or HEVC encoding that the profile is set to use, and you have to choose Custom from the drop-down list. Nothing about your laptop will have any effect on pulling up the custom settings, as long as they're in the Profile.ini file and it's located in the correct folder for PD to find. PD also has to be closed when you copy or edit the Profile.ini file for the changes to be available the next time you open the app.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This Hevc 8k custom profile was created back in sept, 2020 in PD17 as a test for the 8k production. It is similar to the one optodata made on Dec 11, 2020 on the other thread. They should work in PD365. My other custom profiles carried over in PD365. This one did not.

My test shows that a 2:25:27 duration video took 2:57 using nvidia encoding and is 365,099 KB. Svrt produced is 97% done in 11 sec. ,99% done in 34 sec. , 100% finished in 1 min. 8 sec. and is 388.016 KB.

Interesting that the produced nvidia encoded 8K video plays smoother with the Movie & TV app. when starts and stops (pauses) are repeatedly used as compared to the svrt produced one..
 Filename
Profile.ini 8k hevc 29.97 fps 21mbps addition.txt
[Disk]
 Description
To be added to the profile.ini.
 Filesize
802 bytes
 Downloaded:
150 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2022 20:16

BijDePinkenTV [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This Hevc 8k custom profile was created back in sept, 2020 in PD17 as a test for the 8k production. It is similar to the one optodata made on Dec 11, 2020 on the other thread. They should work in PD365. My other custom profiles carried over in PD365. This one did not.

My test shows that a 2:25:27 duration video took 2:57 using nvidia encoding and is 365,099 KB. Svrt produced is 97% done in 11 sec. ,99% done in 34 sec. , 100% finished in 1 min. 8 sec. and is 388.016 KB.

Interesting that the produced nvidia encoded 8K video plays smoother with the Movie & TV app. when starts and stops (pauses) are repeatedly used as compared to the svrt produced one..

Thank you for the file. Could you explain how to add this to my profile.ini file?

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\UserConfigure

Just add the text document to the map?

Thank you
optodata
[Post New]
If you haven't set up any custom profiles for PD20/365, simply copy the Profile.ini file that tomasc shared to that folder. If you have previously added custom profiles, open up his file and copy the settings, then open up your Profile.ini file and paste his settings to the end of your file, then save it and open PD
BijDePinkenTV [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you haven't set up any custom profiles for PD20/365, simply copy the Profile.ini file that tomasc shared to that folder. If you have previously added custom profiles, open up his file and copy the settings, then open up your Profile.ini file and paste his settings to the end of your file, then save it and open PD

folder

Whatever I try it's not working. Added the files to the folder and I can't open any custom profiles.
Can someone make a tutorial for it and put it on Youtube or something?
I think I need to delete cyberlink and install it again to start fresh.
Before adding files I could make a custom file in cyberlink, now it gives this message:
error
BijDePinkenTV [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you haven't set up any custom profiles for PD20/365, simply copy the Profile.ini file that tomasc shared to that folder. If you have previously added custom profiles, open up his file and copy the settings, then open up your Profile.ini file and paste his settings to the end of your file, then save it and open PD

Alright, so now I had cyberlink deleted and installed again. I was able to make custom profiles again, went to the file and pasted the file that tomasc gave me to the profile. Went back to cyberlink and pressed 'produce'...it gave me that same message from my last post again. Something is not right here. I'm also not allowed to use the Intelligent SVRT function. What can it be? Could it be my laptop's CPU or my graphic card? Did I do something wrong? It just seems impossible at this point to do this.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hold on. Adding the portion of a custom profile from a previous PD version does not disable the custom profiles in PD365. All the custom profiles are working in my PD365. I can write the procedure for you to do it yourself. Just wait. Need some time.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have posted an easy way for anyone to create a working 8K custom profile in PD20/365. See this post for the details: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97387.page . You should be able to produce a 8K video from an 8K video on the timeline. Let us know if you are successful.
BijDePinkenTV [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have posted an easy way for anyone to create a working 8K custom profile in PD20/365. See this post for the details: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97387.page . You should be able to produce a 8K video from an 8K video on the timeline. Let us know if you are successful.

Thank you so much! This was what I needed!