Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Time line clip showing different after saving to file
ozrock [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2016 03:08 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have a few clips on the time line and they all show up well in the Preview but when I Produce the Range, I see vision either pre or post the part of the clip I need.

It shows when I run timeline but not after save. Really weird.

PD 365 Win 10x64

I see a lot of cache files. Would this be it? Should I delete them even tho' not quite finished project?

EDIT-----

On further testing the small 1.5 sec clip had a Zoom attached to it. When I checked the zoom, it showed t was zoomed in atanother place on the source clip, not no the 1.5 sec I had chosen and whih shows on the timeline.

I have no idea why inthe Zoom editer it would show another place on the clip to have the zoom.
It does say the same 1.5 sec but on another section of the source file.

I will mention the 1.5 section I have chosen was by moving the handles on both ends of the source file to just show that small area.

Any ideas please?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 25. 2022 20:24

ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
It may be easier to understand if I show the two views.

The cursor on the 1.22 sec clip on the time line and it showing in the preview and also the same place after it has been saved to an mp4 or mpg.

You can see it is a different image than on the chosen timeline clip.

Both are from the same 30 min source file though.

Hopefully it will ring a bell !
[Thumb - Timeline preview.JPG]
 Filename
Timeline preview.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
122 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
[Thumb - Timeline preview-after saving.JPG]
 Filename
Timeline preview-after saving.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 26. 2022 01:52

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
It is not completely clear what is happening with your clips. But maybe this helps:

Please note that the clip count that shows in under your preview screen is that of the clip not of the whole video. (You can change that by untagging in the edit preferences: Switch to movie mode .......)
And the “seconds” shown in PD are frames not seconds.
The moving of the handles and cutting has influence on how (when) the zoom behaves in the clip. What I saw was: I started a zoom at precisely 2 sec into the clip and ending it at precisely 3 sec. Then I cut of precisely the 1st sec of the clip. The zoom started at 1 sec and 47 frames into the clip and ended at 2 sec and 46 frames. Same result when making the clip shorter by moving the handle. This means that the zoom parameters or keyframes stay (almost) the same (start the zoom 2 sec after the start of the clip) and these do not move along with the cutting. I can understand why that is. It is at least something to keep in mind. I have learned from this that better adjust the length of the clip before applying any zooming.

Maybe this helps you discovering what happened with yor video? If not then you might consider sharing a recording of what it is you do?

(What I don’t understand is WHY the zoom started and ended 3 frames earlier than originally defined (my project has 50 frame per second).)
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It is not completely clear what is happening with your clips. But maybe this helps:

Please note that the clip count that shows in under your preview screen is that of the clip not of the whole video. (You can change that by untagging in the edit preferences: Switch to movie mode .......)
And the “seconds” shown in PD are frames not seconds.
The moving of the handles and cutting has influence on how (when) the zoom behaves in the clip. What I saw was: I started a zoom at precisely 2 sec into the clip and ending it at precisely 3 sec. Then I cut of precisely the 1st sec of the clip. The zoom started at 1 sec and 47 frames into the clip and ended at 2 sec and 46 frames. Same result when making the clip shorter by moving the handle. This means that the zoom parameters or keyframes stay (almost) the same (start the zoom 2 sec after the start of the clip) and these do not move along with the cutting. I can understand why that is. It is at least something to keep in mind. I have learned from this that better adjust the length of the clip before applying any zooming.

Maybe this helps you discovering what happened with yor video? If not then you might consider sharing a recording of what it is you do?

(What I don’t understand is WHY the zoom started and ended 3 frames earlier than originally defined (my project has 50 frame per second).)

Many thanks.
All good now. It was going to the files in the tempfolder. Deleted them and it came good.