Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Zooming in on image causes the text to flicker?
Paul999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 10:10 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Here's a demonstration of this flickering happening: https://e1.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZ0yeLZolTgSUYIhkHOQ8Jt4GAnCQn5Iec7
(it's a low res render but same happens at high res).

I zoom in on my logo there and it's a high res image so that's not the issue here. I even tried upping the logo resolution to 5K but that didn't help.

As you can see the text doesn't look smooth but acts all jagged as it's zoomed in on.

How can I fix this behavior?

As it is now this seems like a major limitation as I can't zoom in on text which is such a common thing to do.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 20. 2022 06:32

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
My feeling is that this has not to do with the resolution but with the difference in the frame rate of recording /producing of the image and the final result. The images “jumps” from one size to the other. Making more frames might give a more fluent result. The time the logo is shown is very short, this may also have to do with the flickering: there is not sufficient time to show in between steps that can make it less flickering.
You might give it a try with a different/higher frame rate If you have recorded the image, try to use a picture of the image instead and scale it directly in PD again allowing as many frames while the scaling happens.
My two cents.
(Haarlem neem ik aan? 😊)
Paul999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 10:10 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My feeling is that this has not to do with the resolution but with the difference in the frame rate of recording /producing of the image and the final result. The images “jumps” from one size to the other. Making more frames might give a more fluent result. The time the logo is shown is very short, this may also have to do with the flickering: there is not sufficient time to show in between steps that can make it less flickering.
You might give it a try with a different/higher frame rate If you have recorded the image, try to use a picture of the image instead and scale it directly in PD again allowing as many frames while the scaling happens.
My two cents.
(Haarlem neem ik aan? 😊)

Thanks Warry, I'll defnitely give that a try next time I open up PD, increasing the frame rate. I'll let you know how it goes once I've tried it. One of my videos was recorded in Haarlem yeah, but not that one. That's Alkmaar 😊