Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is Screenrecorder part of Powerdirector 365?
Esseff [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 10, 2020 16:47 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
I recently upgraded to Powerdirector 365. Everything works without problem except screenrecorder which asks for a product key. I can't find one in any email. Is Screenrecorder not part of the 365 bundle?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Open PD365. On the top left click on Plugins/Screen Recorder to start it. You may have the Cyberlink free downloads installed earlier, including the screen recorder 4 deluxe which is not the basic screen recorder 4 that is included with PD365. You need to enter that product key once you paid for it and get the email.

If this is not the case then uninstall screen recorder 4 and reinstall it via the application manager.
Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Open PD365. On the top left click on Plugins/Screen Recorder to start it. You may have the Cyberlink free downloads installed earlier, including the screen recorder 4 deluxe which is not the basic screen recorder 4 that is included with PD365. You need to enter that product key once you paid for it and get the email.

If this is not the case then uninstall screen recorder 4 and reinstall it via the application manager.

This OS is a clean install; no remnants of anything else on my system. Anyway I tried opening SR from PD and it still asks for a product key undecided
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Open the CL App manager and see if it auto-updates (the current version is 4.1.1822.0). Next, right-click on Screen Recorder and choose uninstall. Reboot and open the CAM again and try installing it separately to see if that works.

BTW there's another new version of PD365 out today (20.7.3108 vs 3101 released a couple days ago). I suggest uninstalling SR first then updating PD365, THEN installing SR if it wasn't automatically reinstalled.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2022 14:40

Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Open the CL App manager and see if it auto-updates (the current version is 4.1.1822.0). Next, right-click on Screen Recorder and choose uninstall. Reboot and open the CAM again and try installing it separately to see if that works.

BTW there's another new version of PD365 out today (20.7.3108 vs 3101 released a couple days ago). I suggest uninstalling SR first then updating PD365, THEN installing SR if it wasn't automatically reinstalled.

I have emailed Cyberlink about this. It should work without an update too since I only installed it a week ago. Nothing else required a product key so I don't see why this should. I'll report back when I get a response from them.
Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]
RESPONSE FROM CYBERLINK:

Uninstall Screenrecorder and reinstall via the CAM. This worked although I'm not sure why it installed the incorrect one in the first place...
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Wow. I just checked my Cyberlink Application Manager. The only option shown for the PowerDirector 365 - Screen Recorder is Open. There is no Uninstall for it. It has to be uninstalled by the Windows App and Feature list first before an install by the Cyberlink Application Manager. I thought this would be clear from me and optodata to do. Guess that more clarification was needed. Glad that Support was able to help and you got it working!
Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Wow. I just checked my Cyberlink Application Manager. The only option shown for the PowerDirector 365 - Screen Recorder is Open. There is no Uninstall for it. It has to be uninstalled by the Windows App and Feature list first before an install by the Cyberlink Application Manager. I thought this would be clear from me and optodata to do. Guess that more clarification was needed. Glad that Support was able to help and you got it working!

Yeah I had to uninstall it via Windows too. Then reinstall using the CAM.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's not the case on my system. I'm running the latest App Manager version (4.1.1822.0), and right-clicking on SR brings up the Uninstall menu like it's always done: