Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
version 20.7 seems very unstable
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Since yesterday, when I installed 20.7, I have seen at least 12 crashes and weird things. Most of the crashes happened when I was doing normal editing, like: adding media to a project, closing the eiditng of a title. Moving a title within the timeline.
As I am in the middle of making a series of slides shows (I do that manually in the timeline), I also have been in many, many situations where the thumbnails of the images are overwritten (on screen) by thumbnail of features from the various rooms. Restarting PD will set things straight again, but it is still very anoying.

I have tried the new Video Intro Room (which has no short key / F-key like the others rooms). Selecting an intro causes the download of the items. This can take considerable time. The adding to the timeline is also not fast. After several program crashes I managed to get an intro in the timeline.
It would be good that (as for other items) there is some indication that the intro already has been downloaded?

CL must have seen the reports of the crashes, at least for those where PD recognizes that there is something wrong.

It is a real shame that Cyberlink persists in added new (only nice to have) features and ignores making the program good to work with, that is fast and flawless.

I wonder what your experiences are. And I would suggest that if you are in the middleIt of critical work, do not upgrade to 20.7 yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 08. 2022 09:29

Floria [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 12, 2022 12:52 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem.
Had I read it earlier, version 20.7 would not have installed. cry
I hope the bugs will be fixed quickly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 08. 2022 11:20

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

CL must have seen the reports of the crashes, at least for those where PD recognizes that there is something wrong.

Hello,

Please don't assume anything and make a full report to CyberLink Technical Support. Be sure to include your DXDiag file and reference your crash reports, if you submitted them

Link to support is in my signature.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2022 02:38

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
It is not right to assume that Cyberlink will take problems seriously and look at crashes and problems customer reports?

I have submitted a number of CS including screenrecordings.