Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to find file error?
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
i tried rendering my video in AVC as an MP4 ans I got the following warning:
"A media file in your project maynot fully comply with your file format standard, or your system myay lack the required coding componenents for this file. Please try again using annother file format."

Here are the problem details:
Media Source Error Report :
Error type : Video cut
Material type : Video
Error information : Unknown
Material filename : C:\Users\zorik\OneDrive\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Preview Cache Files\team1_0a48b8c7.mp4
Detailed information : ..\CES_Source\Src\CES_Engine\CES_MediaLoader.CPP:1607
Source filter GUID : E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770
Splitter filter GUID : A05CDF6C-287E-47A1-A407-A477A8A5FDCA
Video decoder filter GUID : 8A0836E9-6E48-454D-8F68-507BC13F3D0B
Video hardware decoder filter GUID : 8A0836E9-6E48-454D-8F68-507BC13F3D0B

I went back to the editing timeline, moved one thing and tried to save the file and I got the same warning.

How can I figure out which of the dozen or so video and music files I am using in my project is the one to which it is referring? Zorikh
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Close PD and copy and paste this location into Windows File Explorer: C:\Users\zorik\OneDrive\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Preview Cache Files\team1_0a48b8c7.mp4

You might need to remove the file name (team1_0a48b8c7.mp4) to view it in the folder, or you can go online with your browser and find it from the OneDrive webstite.

If you can play that clip from there, it will show you which timeline clip is causing problems and you can try converting the original clip to another format using a free tool like VirtualDub2 or Handbrake.

To seamlessly integrate the converted clip into your existing project, rename the original clip then copy the converted version to the same folder and give it the exact same name that the original clip had. When you reopen the project in PD, it will use the new version of the clip and hopefully you won't see the error message again.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

How can I figure out which of the dozen or so video and music files I am using in my project is the one to which it is referring?

Hi,
Luckily in your case the error message gave a lead as to the problem clip.

In other circumstances, where there is a problem but it is not clear where the problem is located, the general technique of halves might be useful to track down the issue (this techniques works in any linear or sequential process).

Take the problem timeline, split it at approximately half way, delete the back half.
Does the problem still exist in the front half?

If not, then the problem is in the back (deleted) half
In that case, reload the project, split in half (as before) and delete the front half.
Check if the problem does still occur in the back half.

You have now narrowed the problem to one half of the timeline.

Take the problem half and split in half again, carry out the same testing and you will narrow it down to a quarter of the original timeline.

Repeat as necessary until you can more easily find out the issue and then identify a specific clip or title or effect etc.

Using this simple technique, you don't have to face going through hundreds of clips or thousands of images, you can quite quickly get down to a more manageable number of potential culprits!

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Close PD and copy and paste this location into Windows File Explorer: C:\Users\zorik\OneDrive\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Preview Cache Files\team1_0a48b8c7.mp4

You might need to remove the file name (team1_0a48b8c7.mp4) to view it in the folder, or you can go online with your browser and find it from the OneDrive webstite.

If you can play that clip from there, it will show you which timeline clip is causing problems and you can try converting the original clip to another format using a free tool like VirtualDub2 or Handbrake.

To seamlessly integrate the converted clip into your existing project, rename the original clip then copy the converted version to the same folder and give it the exact same name that the original clip had. When you reopen the project in PD, it will use the new version of the clip and hopefully you won't see the error message again.

Thnaks! I will try that!