Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photo Director not liking my R7 .cr3 files.
[Post New]
Not suprised there isn't support yet for these files on this camera. Little disapointed however. All orange with a
look of iso 50000 lol..
[Thumb - Screenshot 2022-06-25 215511.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot 2022-06-25 215511.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
415 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Not suprised there isn't support yet for these files on this camera. Little disapointed however. All orange with a
look of iso 50000 lol..

Do you have the newest version? I was able to edit the CR3 files on my R6. Email support the will ask you for some files to test it if its not working I am sure it will be in a upgrade being it does work with the R6 PowerDirector Tutorials Team
[Post New]
Hello TonyC,

You're right. It doesn't.

The best I can do is to contact the development team to prompt some action on a compatibility fix. Currently, it would be very difficult to accurately edit these CR3s.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]

Do you have the newest version? I was able to edit the CR3 files on my R6. Email support the will ask you for some files to test it if its not working I am sure it will be in a upgrade being it does work with the R6

I did email support, they asked for a few .cr3 files and reported back to me that indeed they were able to
repoduce the issue in the software and was forwarding it to the engineers. Yeah newest version installed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01. 2022 21:20

[Post New]
Quote Hello TonyC,

You're right. It doesn't.

The best I can do is to contact the development team to prompt some action on a compatibility fix. Currently, it would be very difficult to accurately edit these CR3s.

PIX

Yeah, mine were orangish and really grainy, so far only been able to use the Canon software as I don't use lightroom. Haven't
tried any other software as of yet, been crazy busy at work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01. 2022 21:22

[Post New]
UPDATE!!

Contacted support again. I was told they were not going to fix the issue in Photodirector 13. Additionally there is no support in the newest 14 version one time payment version. They have said the files are supported in the 365 subscription Version. I am gradually getting away from this software as the company seems more focused on different priorites and are slow on getting out the updates to support newer cameras or previous software versions that we have paid for.