Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing BorisFX packs in PD17 Suite after installing PD365
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I installed the full version of PD365 on 2/18/2022. I also have the PD17 Ultimate Suite installed previously. See this FAQ: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=23375 . The BorisFX Lights and BorisFX Image Restoration which includes the BCC Beauty Studio have disappeared in my PD17 Suite after installing PD365. Only the BorisFX Film Style and BorisFX Stylize remain as in this FAQ for PD365: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=26472 .

The installation of these versions are in separate folders as PowerDirector17 and PowerDirector20 respectively. Did not expect one version to remove components in another version. I have contacted Cyberlink Support with ticket ID: CS002513487 to clarify why this happened and what needs to be done.

Found out about this in answering another users post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97077.page . No one else replied.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
The order of installation in previous versions was: PD (suite) first and then the 3rd party software. So Boris after CL installation. I have done this (new or re-installation of Boris, Andorage / ProDAD) after I installed the 365 suite. I have kept and saved the 3rd party installation kit. Hope you still have it too. During the installation Boris recognized that you have PD software installed (and any other editing software should you have that and should it support Boris too). You can select for which you want the installation to be in effect.
After that the 3rd party Boris effects (and titles) became available again.

I dont know whether the trick works for both 17 and 365 (and the same time). But I would certainly give it a try.

Interested to learn whether this worked for you too.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The order of installation in previous versions was: PD (suite) first and then the 3rd party software. So Boris after CL installation. I have done this (new or re-installation of Boris, Andorage / ProDAD) after I installed the 365 suite. I have kept and saved the 3rd party installation kit. Hope you still have it too. During the installation Boris recognized that you have PD software installed (and any other editing software should you have that and should it support Boris too). You can select for which you want the installation to be in effect.
After that the 3rd party Boris effects (and titles) became available again.

I dont know whether the trick works for both 17 and 365 (and the same time). But I would certainly give it a try.

Interested to learn whether this worked for you too.

Any chance you are confusing BorisFX with vitascene or something? BorisFX never had a standalone installer with my installations so one couldn't install the PD (suite) and then 3rd party effects of BorisFX as no installer was supplied, it's buried in part of the PD install bundle. Two 3rd party products from ProDAD (adorage and vitascene) were supplied as standalone install files with the PD download.

Anyhow, I had to take some trivial measures to get my PD17 functional after PD20 install, not sure if it applies to PD365 so I'm sure CS will get tomasc issue resolved.

More than likely tomasc purchased the PD 365 product vs the PD DS 365 product, PD 365 lacks BorisFX Lights and BorisFX Image Restoration and these are shared libs vs 100% isolated installs with PD versions.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD17_Beauty_Studio.PNG]
 Filename
PD17_Beauty_Studio.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
980 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
42 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You'll have to reinstall PD17 to restore the missing plug-ins, then they should be available in both PD versions. Any new install of PD20/365 can wipe out the no-longer-licensed Boris components

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2022 00:47

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I simply stopped at PD17. It has all I need and most every plug-in.
Of course I tend strongly to tape/analog capture and restoration so my needs are "legacy". HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]

Any chance you are confusing BorisFX with vitascene or something? BorisFX never had a standalone installer with my installations so one couldn't install the PD (suite) and then 3rd party effects of BorisFX as no installer was supplied, it's buried in part of the PD install bundle. Two 3rd party products from ProDAD (adorage and vitascene) were supplied as standalone install files with the PD download.

Jeff

You are right of course!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have received a response from CS. They recommend an uninstall of the PD7 Suite and reinstall manually or by the Application manager. There are 12 items so I choose to uninstal PD17 and reinstall only that manually. Patched it to the latest version so I can then open recent files. The Boris plugins have been restored as mentioned by optodata earlier. I would hate to update PD365 if I had to do this again and again.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I would hate to update PD365 if I had to do this again and again.

FWIW I think the problem only happens when PD365/20 is originally installed. Once you reinstall any earlier version that has the proper license for the plug-ins, you won't get burned again.

At least that's been my experience.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote FWIW I think the problem only happens when PD365/20 is originally installed. Once you reinstall any earlier version that has the proper license for the plug-ins, you won't get burned again.

At least that's been my experience.

I guess everyone can speculate, as we'll probably never be given the proper information. But, since this was never a license issue as tomasc stated the BCC Beauty Studio had disappeared, not a unlicensed warning or "X" through the feature or such, but more like that module was not installed anymore period. Hence the fix of reinstalling his PD17 which was a version that contained that module. My guess the shared files directory for BorisFX was updated with PD17 install and now has older dates and the renewed functionality.

Prior it appears optodata thought any new install
Quote Any new install of PD20/365 can wipe out the no-longer-licensed Boris components

now it appears it's only when originally installed.
Quote FWIW I think the problem only happens when PD365/20 is originally installed

As such, my guess the issue will reoccur anytime that critical module containing these BorisFX plugins is updated in a PD365 push or user action that would do the same. Since these are more legacy features, one might get lucky on minimal updates pushed affecting the availability in PD17.

Jeff