Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 365 V. 20 on M1 Mac Issue with Constant Gain
44maia44 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2016 13:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Running Monterey OS and PD 20. on M1 iMac. Somehow Constant Gain has attached itself to each transition I try to use. I am not sure how that happened and I can't get rid of it. Every time I add a transition Constant Gain is attached in the audio track to the transition.

Help please!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a Windows user but that sounds normal. Since you're overlapping two clips with audio, you'd normally want to blend the audio together smoothly during the video transition so that's what PD's doing for you automatically here.

If instead you want one audio to simply stop when the new clip begins, or if you don't want any audio transition(s) at all, unlink the audio and video tracks first and then the visual transition will only affect the video. However, you'll then need to manually adjust the second audio track to keep it in sync after the transition.

Note that if you have the transition style set to Cross (rather than Overlap), you won't have to do any audio syncing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 09. 2022 17:52