Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Theme Designer
icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2014 20:08 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe I never noticed before, but Theme Designer seems to only let me use videos from the media library. Is that true? I can't use edited videos from my timeline?

Is there a workaround like adding edited clips to the library? Thanks in advance for any help.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Yes, you are correct. By default, only the media in the media library is available in the Theme Designer. If you want to include an edited clip, you just need to produce it first. Once produced, add it to your media library or use the Import Media button to import it into the Theme Designer from your hard drive.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for those responses. Seems like something that could be changed with new versions. I have 15 clips of granchildren in indoor playgrounds and wanted to put them in an action theme...but producing 15 clips is a bit much. I'll change my plans.
Thanks again.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Think of it like baking or cooking: Theme Designer is the final step where everything comes together, while clips on the timeline are all in the process of being made. You have to first finish cooking the individual items before putting them on a plate and serving them.
icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Think of it like baking or cooking: Theme Designer is the final step where everything comes together, while clips on the timeline are all in the process of being made. You have to first finish cooking the individual items before putting them on a plate and serving them.

That is a great analogy...I will use that method in a future smaller project. Thanks.