Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Videograbber don't work
HansNL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2019 13:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am new here and have worked with PowerDirector in the past but have not done anything for a while so I am starting up again.
I have a lot of videotapes of my kids and vacations that I would like to put on dvd/blue-ray. In the past I used the Dazzle from Pinnacle but after connecting it, it recorded the video in a jerky way.

After looking around on the internet some said the drivers were too old and Pinnacle didn't have a newer one. I bought a new videograbber from Nedis after installation everything worked fine until I turned off the computer. After turning it on again PowerDirector doesn't find the videograbber anymore and I get the following message:

"Unable to load content from specified folder/disc. Cyberlink PowerDirector does not support any content in the folder/disc"

Please find a solution for this problem or is there a possibility to get the Dazzle working again.

My computer is running under Windows 11.

Thank you in advance,
Hans
Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am new here and have worked with PowerDirector in the past but have not done anything for a while so I am starting up again.
I have a lot of videotapes of my kids and vacations that I would like to put on dvd/blue-ray. In the past I used the Dazzle from Pinnacle but after connecting it, it recorded the video in a jerky way.

After looking around on the internet some said the drivers were too old and Pinnacle didn't have a newer one. I bought a new videograbber from Nedis after installation everything worked fine until I turned off the computer. After turning it on again PowerDirector doesn't find the videograbber anymore and I get the following message:

"Unable to load content from specified folder/disc. Cyberlink PowerDirector does not support any content in the folder/disc"

Please find a solution for this problem or is there a possibility to get the Dazzle working again.

My computer is running under Windows 11.

Thank you in advance,
Hans

Kijk in Windows of de grabber wordt herkend

In PD kies bestand > vastleggen
In het scherm linksboven moet de grabber zichtbaar zijn
De grabber moet wel een formaat afgeven wat door PD herkend wordt bijv. .avi
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Windows, after 7, is a capture killer.
Do yourself a favor...
in my opinion,
get a used/refurbed W7 laptop, wipe it clean and install only the capture drivers, capture program(s) and
perhaps a few updates, then avoid going on the internet with it again.
Be sure to avoid SSD, but have ample hard drive room for capture.
You will have a large selection of LEGACY analog support.
I even have an extra Hauppauge 950 available, but it's pricey and your Dazzle should work.
For the most part new USB analog capture devices are cheap Chinese garbage.
Tape is a legacy format and it's best done with legacy equipment.

Note:
Your average VCR is poop. Get a good used JVC or Mitsubishi with S-Video.
Be sure to use a decent video camera to play tapes.
Hardware is where it starts.
you may wish to look into a Panasonic ES10 or ES15 to use as a pass-thru pseudo Time Base Corrector.
I won't go into details here but TBC is essential, to remove wiggles, dropped frames, etc.
Google it, learn, you don't want to do this again in 5 years.

Edit:
the W7 laptop is only for capture. It is very easy to capture then transfer to a hi-speed modern computer for editing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2022 12:15

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT