Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Build 2508 feedback
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
I can happily report that SVRT finally works with my Canon HG20 camera at its maximum recording settings. I'm using build 2508.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2010 08:00

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
The .WTV conversion process of media center TV recordings has been greatly improved in 2508. Its seems like it only has to convert the sound portion of the file before it can be imported to the timeline.

This was taking 1/2 hour or more in some cases, now is down to several minutes so its actually a usable feature once again.

Update: The Youtube uploader is working again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2010 21:55

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Guys,

Don't you have jobs to go to, I downloaded 2508 last night, then went to bed, installed this morning, then carried out some normal household chores, now I am off to work, no time to actually test the build, maybe tomorrow I will have some time available.

Anyway it's good to know that some of the issues have finally been resolved.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
James,

Just how did you verify that SVRT is working correctly? I’m a little pessimistic. See attached writeup:

Jeff
 Filename
SVRT_2508.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
pdf file showing SVRT issues
 Filesize
9 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
387 time(s)
[Thumb - SVRT_2508.gif]
 Filename
SVRT_2508.gif
[Disk]
 Description
SVRT Info
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
212 time(s)
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Where the heck is release 2508 available ? Is this another way for Cybertechs to use users to test a release or what ? Win 10, i7
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to be a downer on this party but 2508 still produces interlaced 720 video when using CUDA.

Plus in the limited testing I have done I still have to cut my i7CPU down to 2 cores to produce my multiple pip 1080 videos. I have asked Cyberlink two simple questions

1. Can your Vista 32bit i7CPU computers produce progressive 720 video when using CUDA.

2. Can your Vista 32 bit i7CPU computers render my supplied packed project of multiple pips without crashing with either "out of system memory" errors or "can't stretch media" errors.

If I am lucky, cross my fingers, place a 4 leave clover on my keyboard and use 2 cores I can get the multiple pip project to produce.

I really do not have any more time or energy to do any more testing, it just frustrates me and after 12 months of chasing this tiger I thought this last patch might have been the saviour, sadly it is not.

EDIT====Using my limited computer knowledge I feel that PD has memory problems. Because in a 32 bit system each program only has access to a maximum of 2 gig of ram. One of the reasons I think my only way to solve my problems with be to upgrade to a 64 bit system which allows any program to access as much memory as it likes.

I would also like Cyberlink to answer the question.

1. Why does PD8 want to use more than 2 gig of ram to produce my 45 meg multiple pip project?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 13. 2010 23:24

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Where the heck is release 2508 available ? Is this another way for Cybertechs to use users to test a release or what ?

My guess would be that they are not testing it on users since it is not yet available to users. The link was sent to certain forum users for testing and will be available soon, so I'm told. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
HDedit wrote:
Where the heck is release 2508 available ? Is this another way for Cybertechs to use users to test a release or what
You didn't recieve a 2508 patch? Geez, with all the positive energy you contribute to this forum, that really surprises me. It must have been an oversight.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2010 00:01

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[Post New]
Quote: Sorry to be a downer on this party but 2508 still produces interlaced 720 video when using CUDA.

Plus in the limited testing I have done I still have to cut my i7CPU down to 2 cores to produce my multiple pip 1080 videos. I have asked Cyberlink two simple questions

1. Can your Vista 32bit i7CPU computers produce progressive 720 video when using CUDA.

2. Can your Vista 32 bit i7CPU computers render my supplied packed project of multiple pips without crashing with either "out of system memory" errors or "can't stretch media" errors.

If I am lucky, cross my fingers, place a 4 leave clover on my keyboard and use 2 cores I can get the multiple pip project to produce.

I really do not have any more time or energy to do any more testing, it just frustrates me and after 12 months of chasing this tiger I thought this last patch might have been the saviour, sadly it is not.

EDIT====Using my limited computer knowledge I feel that PD has memory problems. Because in a 32 bit system each program only has access to a maximum of 2 gig of ram. One of the reasons I think my only way to solve my problems with be to upgrade to a 64 bit system which allows any program to access as much memory as it likes.

1. Why does PD8 want to use more than 2 gig of ram to produce my 45 meg multiple pip project?

These are very important questions.

Question 3 Is it now finally a h264AVC 1080p preset

greetings from Vienna

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2010 01:44

http://vimeo.com/user815717
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
I actually asked a boss at Cyberlink during one of my email exchanges if they could supply a 1080p pre-set and he said he would look into it. I have not heard anything back so my guess would be not in this release. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Thanks for this information with us here in Europe, communication is even more problematic.

The error in Patch2220 was represented by the support as a problem of configuration of the computer or shifted to driver problems even though they knew long before the error was the Patch2220 prison.

many greetings from vienna http://vimeo.com/user815717
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

Hi.
More or less 'unfortunately' I can confirm your problems - though I own release 2220 - searching for an upgraded version automatically reveals nothing.
But concerning your probs:
I made the experience that some 'preparations' are necessary to finsh a PD8 project successfully:
1. When using 'higher sophisticated functions' of PD8 (such as PIP or anything from the "Power Tools" - take the source clips, produce a separate MPG (or M2TS) file only with these clips included in the 'effect'. Then place the MPG into your PDS script.
Using a multiple-PIP would mean: 1st: produce a MPG containing the images for the 'innermost' PIP. Then include this into a script, which contains the second level of PIP - producing another MPG therewith - and so on, until you get to your 'main screen video' script, where you only have to import a simple MPG.
Proceed the same when combining time-streching or -compressing, stabilizing or similar.
2. Before producing a file (MPG or M2TS) save your project, exit PD8.
Optionally re-boot your PC and - after reboot - quit all unneccessary procedures running in background via win Task Manager and "quit procedure". Kill as many procedures as possible without loosing system security or stability (personally I quit 'most anything' except the McAfee Suite).
3. Optionally - when the above steps still don't work - I defrag my system partition and the partition carrying my video project files - Of course after an interimistic re-boot and repetition of step 2 afterwards.
4. Restart PD8, load your project and - without any editing! - directly step to producing a file.
These steps have - until now! - helped me to work through a 1-hour-video project containing video track with not more than 1 'special effect' (e.g. stabilizing or vid speed adjustment) at the same time for a single clip, some single-level-PIPs, a spoken soundtrack plus up to 2 music tracks.

If these steps would not have worked, the next step I was thinking about was to reduce the adressable kernels from my i7 cpu - obviously a thing increasing the stability of PD8 - as you observed!

The memory management of PD8 indeed IS odd.
Instead of using 100% of all 8 kernels (4+4, when hyperthreading is activated) for processing a video, I observed large variations in system load during even short clip processings (see attached screenshot, but disregard the marking arrows) - a thing, which slows down PD8 unneccessarily.
Also I observed that crashes of PD8 as you describe mostly occur, when system load IS at - or near - 100% on all kernels, and the script contains an 'additional feature' at that moment - for example, a scene with video stabilizing feature.
Nevertheless - compared with the former versions of PD (I have tested v5 and v7 before), v8 is the most stable version yet.
Though there is 'potential for improvement' ;o).

Michael,
Upper Austria.
[Thumb - Aufnahme 1.jpg]
 Filename
Aufnahme 1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
96 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
202 time(s)
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Michael, I can see by your detailed reply that you have been down the road that I have been. Unfortunately I am at the end of a frustrating and draining 12 months testing so many different combination to try and get PD7 & 8 to simply work as advertised.

I just want PD8 to work as advertised and I am not prepared to jump through any more hoops trying to get it to work. I like your suggestions and if I really had a project that just had to be done I would follow your work flow. How ever why the hell should we have to render our raw footage so many times just to get the program to work.

I have said before that PD8 is by and far the best program out there for the price, I just wish they would take out a lot of the fluff and just make the core program stable.

Cheers

Robert S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
I have said before that PD8 is by and far the best program out there for the price, I just wish they would take out a lot of the fluff and just make the core program stable.

Cheers

Robert S

I agree with you - with all of my heart!
Michael.
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I downloaded build 2508 yesterday.

I'm delighted to report that the bug that meant H.264 SVRT encoded blu-rays played choppy on Sony blu-ray players has now finally been fixed

Additionally, I tested a 3 1/2 hour HD blu-ray project with multiple text overlays, transitions, music, 50 chapters and a huge menu structure.

I went directly from the timeline with the raw AVCHD MTS files on, with all the enhancements listed above, to 'Create Disc', selected blu-ray, matching resolution, and h.264 encoding and off it went. It burnt to folders first time - no crashes or problems.

With build 2220c it gave up time after time at 6%, but did produce successfully with MPEG2 encoding.

Robert, I totally sympathise with your position. I'm running an i7 920 with 4gb ddr3 ram and the ati hd4830 card with Windows 7 64bit. I think you're absolutely right, 64 bit users are finding things a good deal easier. I have not had to throttle my i7 back to 2 cores either.

In your position, I'd upgrade to the 64 bit version.

Where the heck is release 2508 available ? Is this another way for Cybertechs to use users to test a release or what ?

I think Cyberlink are to be congratulated for allowing certain users to test new builds before going on general release. It's one of the many reasons I've stood by this product.

Cheers,

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Hi Andrew,

Yes going to Win7 64bit is something I will eventually do but I do not feel like rebuilding my entire system at this stage because as far as I know there is no way to upgrade from a 32 bit system to a 64 bit system and keep all of your programs and settings. Plus I got caught out with upgrading to Vista at the first opportunity and I am not going down that road with Win7. I am going to wait till the dust settles a bit and maybe even till the first service pack.

Again though PD is advertised as taking advantage of the i7 CPU which obviously it doesn't, at least on a Vista 32 bit system.

Cheers

Robert

Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

I totally understand what you're saying. Just wanted to give you an insight of my findings with a 64bit system as you'd mentioned it as a possible solution, and it seems we have very similar PCs.

Have you seen this?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9666.page

OnTheWeb has similar findings to mine on Windows 7 on page 1 of the thread, he has a 64 bit system.

Plus, Donald raises an interesting point on page 2 on PD8's memory usage, and a similar problem that was cured using a workaround in Vegas.

I know that there are contributors looking into this with alot more know how than me!

Cheers,

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

donbroadband
Member Location: Caldy, Wirral UK Joined: Aug 06, 2009 06:04 Messages: 119 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

Should you really be discussing a Beta release in open forum? I guess you have all agreed to carry out Beta testing (which is why you have been given the pre release copy.)
IMO when you start saying (intimating?) new releases are available, you will start hares running. I think it is great that you are willing to give up your valuable time testing CL's products, BUT if you are a customer who has been struggling with PD8 (like Robert or HEDIT and previously me) you will feel a bit snubbed that there is a new release that might solve your problems and you found out about it in a public Forum.

This is really something that Dafydd as Moderator maybe needs to take a look at?

Don Gigabyte I7/4940 O/C 4.3, Noctua Cooler 10GB DDR3, 4 x 1TB, 1TB SSD, Geoforce GTX660 TI 8500W PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Thanks Andrew, some very interesting reading there especially the Sony Vegas stuff. Now if Cyberlink R&D could just do the same thing with PD8 it would be beautiful.

Just to make it clear as I don't think I have said it in a while, my system is defraged, latest video and Cuda drivers, all vista patches and updates installed, ccleaner run etc etc.

My personal opinion through all of my testing these last 12 months is that the major problem with PD8 is memory, if only for the simple fact that PD8 tries to use over 2gig of my memory to produce my 45 meg multi pip project, which I find astounding.

EDIT======You may be right Donald, but I am not a BETA tester just a loooong suffering user of PD. I used to do a lot of testing in the early days jumping through canned replies from support and helping out here as you can see by my number of posts.

I have to be careful as I do not want to cause trouble for Dafydd as his excellent moderation and help on this forum along with the other helpers here has been the only reason I have stuck around for so long. I am getting close to the stage though after 12 months of bashing my head against a brick wall of not giving a stuff what Cyberlink think.

If I have to cause a stink....not here.... but out on the net, maybe Cyberlink will get the message and at least answer my questions, especially about the i7CPU issue which has been forwarded to R&D before still with no reply. Lets hope it will get answered this time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2010 05:32

Andrew - Wales, UK
[Post New]
JL,

I've just looked at your attatchments.

During testing yesterday, I authored two projects. The one I mentioned in my earlier post was completly re-encoded and took about 2 hour 45 minutes. An SVRT check prior to production indicated that the vast majority of the video did not need re-encoding, yet it all was. Excellent video quality at the end though.

The second project was of similar length with no transitions or any enhancements of any kind. This burnt to folders in 35minutes - indicating obviously that SVRT worked perfectly.

The transitions I used were all fades, text overlays were the Christmas 1 template, plus a two pieces of four minute music that played over the top of the video in two parts.

I'm using a Sony HDR-XR200. I put it down to my camera type - other Sony users appear to not have had this problem with other cameras.

Cheers,

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2010 05:50

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB