Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to remove custom colors?
mohitk [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2019 11:15 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Anybody knows how to remove custom colors.....?

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Easy. Close PD and reopen it. All custom colors are lost every time you close PD

More details can be found here.
mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Easy. Close PD and reopen it. All custom colors are lost every time you close PD

More details can be found here.

No, It doesn't get removed.
I have used PD on several computers so i am sure about this.

if u r sure than Can u please make a small video of .
Please follow these steps in ur video.

1)Open any image/video in PIP designer in PD
2) Select border , pick colour from image and add to custom colors
3) Close PD , Reopen it .U will see custom colors still there.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

No, It doesn't get removed.
I have used PD on several computers so i am sure about this.

if u r sure than Can u please make a small video of .
Please follow these steps in ur video.

1)Open any image/video in PIP designer in PD
2) Select border , pick colour from image and add to custom colors
3) Close PD , Reopen it .U will see custom colors still there.

Hi,

On a quick inspection, I can see no way to remove the custom color - other than fill all the boxes with white until the custom colors drop off the lower right hand box!!

PDR19 and the PDR20 help files differ with this :-

Note: after choosing your color, click the Add to Custom Colors button to save it and make it available in Custom colors the next time you enter the Color window.

so I can only infer that the behaviour has changed?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]

other than fill all the boxes with white until the custom colors drop off the lower right hand box!!

PDR19

I don't know whether this trick will work or not But you must be an super duper expert who always understand my issue.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Ok so things have defintely changed since I made that post and video for PD17.

The good news is that custom colors are indeed saved for future use. However, CL did not add any way to manage the existing custom colors and PDM's method is the only way to accomplish that from within PD.

If you want to remove all custom colors and you're comfortable editing the Windows registry, open up RegEdit and navigate to this key: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector20\ then scroll down and delete the CustomColors entry.

If you want to get fancy, you can edit the individual colors as they're stored in a 3 byte hexadecimal RGB format with a trailing 00. For example, if the first custom color is this, the first 4 bytes will show 40 80 80 00. To remove any individual color, set the 3 color bytes to all FFs to make the color white (make sure you leave the 4th byte at 00).

Here's a composite view for the technically adventurous:

EDIT: changed the descriptive text above to match with the image

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 27. 2022 15:39

mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]

If you want to get fancy, you can edit the individual colors as they're stored in a 3 byte hexadecimal RGB format with a trailing 00. For example, if the first custom color is this, the first 4 bytes will show 80 80 FF 00. To remove any individual color, set the 3 color bytes to all FFs to make the color white (make sure you leave the 4th byte at 00).

It Works. Thanks a lot for solving my problem.