Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pixelated Line appears in videos while editing & after processed
Dynamic Jasmine [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2022 10:42 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I need help trying to figure out what is going on.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra with the latest Power Director App version installed.

When I try to edit a video with the PD App I see a pixelated line at the bottom of every video that stretches from one side to the other. This pixelated line also appears on every processed/exported videos.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, clearing data and cache, as well as trying different resolutions but nothing works.

See attached screenshot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
[Thumb - Screenshot_20220521-083119_PowerDirector.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot_20220521-083119_PowerDirector.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Pixelated Line at bottom of video
 Filesize
958 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2022 20:55

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Can you please attach say a recorded 5 to 10 sec. Sample video clip at the resolution and frame rate that has this artifact showing at the bottom on your next reply for users to test.
Dynamic Jasmine [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Can you please attach say a recorded 5 to 10 sec. Sample video clip at the resolution and frame rate that has this artifact showing at the bottom on your next reply for users to test.

See attached clip.
1080p @30fps
 Filename
Project_05-21(2)_Full HD 1080p_HIGH_FR30.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13157 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
136 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the clip. It is produced with the artifact shown at the bottom of the video. I guess I should have said a raw original video clip from the Samsung is needed for users to test.
Dynamic Jasmine [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the clip. It is produced with the artifact shown at the bottom of the video. I guess I should have said a raw original video clip from the Samsung is needed for users to test.

Please see attached clip
1080p @59fps
 Filename
20220519_134633.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20232 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
133 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the source clip. I tried producing it using a Google Pixel 5 and a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.

Each of them is running the PD Mobile app v10.1.0 build # 115015 from May 4, and each produced the clip without the artifact you're seeing. In each case I chose the Better Quality 30FPS HD output option, and I've attached both clips for proof.

I suggest you contact CL tech support from their Contact Us page and report the issue directly to them. You may want to include a link to this forum discussion so they can see everything that's happened here so far.
 Filename
Project_05-21_Full HD 1080p_HIGH_FR30.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Galaxy S20 FE version
 Filesize
13065 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
119 time(s)
 Filename
DJ_produced_clip_Full HD 1080p_HIGH_FR30.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Pixel 5 version
 Filesize
13088 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
131 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 21. 2022 20:26

Dynamic Jasmine [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks very much for the source clip. I tried producing it using a Google Pixel 5 and a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.

Each of them is running the PD Mobile app v10.1.0 build # 115015 from May 4, and each produced the clip without the artifact you're seeing. In each case I chose the Better Quality 30FPS HD output option, and I've attached both clips for proof.

I suggest you contact CL tech support from their Contact Us page and report the issue directly to them. You may want to include a link to this forum discussion so they can see everything that's happened here so far.

I have reached out to CL and hope to hear from them soon.

I don't see the issue on my iPhone 12 Pro and my Samsung Galaxy S10+. The issue is only on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra which makes me think the current app version doesn't work well with the S22 Ultra. I've tried processing in different resolutions, frame rate, and bitrate to no success.

For the time being I am recording videos using my S22 Ultra then Quick Sharing the clips to my S10+ to edit/export using the PD App there.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
The supplied raw 1080/60p clip was produced at 1080/30p as shown in the screenshot taken on my android phone while previewing on the timeline before reaching the overlay sticker. No artifact is seen along the bottom when magnified.

The produced video shows no artifacts along the bottom when viewed as the case of the two from optodata. Cyberlink support should be able to help.
[Thumb - Screenshot_20220521-183633.png]
 Filename
Screenshot_20220521-183633.png
[Disk]
 Description
screenshot show no artifact along the bottom while playing the video.
 Filesize
1229 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
 Filename
Project_05-21_Full HD 1080p_MEDIUM_FR30.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
No artifact seen on any portion of produed video.
 Filesize
8855 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
172 time(s)
hidden [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2022 22:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
For what it's worth, I just finished recording bunch of clips and edited on PD (Android) using my Samsung S22 Ultra. I experienced the same thing and it brought me here. I really need to get this fixed by next week preferably otherwise I'm forced to find another editor.

Version 10.1.0
Build 115015

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2022 22:04

Dynamic Jasmine [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote For what it's worth, I just finished recording bunch of clips and edited on PD (Android) using my Samsung S22 Ultra. I experienced the same thing and it brought me here. I really need to get this fixed by next week preferably otherwise I'm forced to find another editor.

Version 10.1.0
Build 115015

I reached out to Cyberlink and have sent them what they asked of me via email but haven't heard anything back. I downloaded KineMaster and started using it. I much prefer PDirector but until an update is release to fix the pixelated line I will use KineMaster paid version for now.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You may not receive any notifications when they respond, so you should check the the My Support page frequently. Once there, click on the My Support Ticket button to see if there have been any new responses.

They may even update the app without responding to your ticket, so check for updates through the Play Store as well. I hope they can resolve this soon!
hidden [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2022 22:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

I reached out to Cyberlink and have sent them what they asked of me via email but haven't heard anything back. I downloaded KineMaster and started using it. I much prefer PDirector but until an update is release to fix the pixelated line I will use KineMaster paid version for now.

Thanks for the update. I bought FilmoraGO. Not sure which one I prefer yet.
Dynamic Jasmine [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote For what it's worth, I just finished recording bunch of clips and edited on PD (Android) using my Samsung S22 Ultra. I experienced the same thing and it brought me here. I really need to get this fixed by next week preferably otherwise I'm forced to find another editor.

Version 10.1.0
Build 115015

Here is a message I got from Cyberlink 2 days ago after submitting everything they asked for regarding the pixelated artifact:

"Dear Jasmine,

Thank you for writing back.

With reference to your query, please be informed that we are now checking the video pixelated concern that you have.

However, we need some extra studying time for engineers to provide the best solution available to resolve the concern.

We appreciate your patience and we will contact you in the following days."
Dynamic Jasmine [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I hope they will resolve the issue soon.

I am able to verify the pixelated artifact is gone. The recent update resolved the issue.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I am able to verify the pixelated artifact is gone. The recent update resolved the issue.

That's great to hear! Thanks for letting the community know
ChrisCav1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2022 07:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Exactly the same issue. Samsung galaxy tab s8+. Using other software I don't have the issue.
I've contacted support. Hopefully get a fix