Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 21 black screen on blu ray playback from Disk/NAS on Windows 11 Insider Build
The Red Devil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2017 05:07 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have the latest build of PowerDVD 21.

I get a black screen when playing back Blu-rays from my NAS on Windows 11 Insider Build 22598. I have had the same problem on various previous Windows Insider Builds also. I am not sure however if the problem is related to the Insider builds.

The problem occurs both on my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 tablet als well as on my PC (AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti).

Playing DVD's from my NAS works fine, but Blu-ray discs give a black/blank screen.

Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards
FarCry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2021 18:01 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Are all BDs affected? I assume, that you're playing back cracked Blu-Ray folders, am I right?
Not all releases have complete folder structure. For most players it doesn't matter, but PowerDVD will refuse playing those "discs".
Check, if all folders are present. You can create a batch file to automate the process and use it for new films.

pushd "%~dp0"
mkdir BDMV
mkdir CERTIFICATE
cd BDMV
mkdir AUXDATA
mkdir BACKUP
mkdir BDJO
mkdir CLIPINF
mkdir JAR
mkdir META
mkdir PLAYLIST
mkdir STREAM
cd BACKUP
mkdir BDJO
mkdir CLIPINF
mkdir JAR
mkdir PLAYLIST
pause
The Red Devil [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi FarCry,

Many thanks for your answer.

This has indeed solved my problem.

I never realised that the folder structure had to be complete for PowerDVD.

Kind regards,

The Red Devil

Quote Are all BDs affected? I assume, that you're playing back cracked Blu-Ray folders, am I right?
Not all releases have complete folder structure. For most players it doesn't matter, but PowerDVD will refuse playing those "discs".
Check, if all folders are present. You can create a batch file to automate the process and use it for new films.

pushd "%~dp0"
mkdir BDMV
mkdir CERTIFICATE
cd BDMV
mkdir AUXDATA
mkdir BACKUP
mkdir BDJO
mkdir CLIPINF
mkdir JAR
mkdir META
mkdir PLAYLIST
mkdir STREAM
cd BACKUP
mkdir BDJO
mkdir CLIPINF
mkdir JAR
mkdir PLAYLIST
pause
The Red Devil [Avatar]
[Post New]
It did work on my PC, but I tried the same blu ray on my Surface Pro 4 tablet today and I still get the same problem. No error message, just a black screen.

I fully removed PowerDVD and reinstalled it and now the blu rays also play on by Surface Pro 4 tablet.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 02. 2022 06:10