Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
24 April Update Power Director 365 Subscription version
Hongerske [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2021 06:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, Ever since taking this update, my version of PD365 (subscription) fails to open any project.

It gets hung up consistently at 60% progress of loading any project I've ever made while trying to "Update timeline data". Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm on Windows 10, my NVIDIA drivers are up to date. I've made no other system or file location changes. And the timing of the update seems connected.

23 April - all OK. I didn't do any work on 24 April. 25 April I installed the 24 April update before starting my work. And now not a single project can successfully open. I have been successfully using the product for months without issue. I'm a newbie to these apps.

Any help/ideas greatly appreciated. And I opened a support ticket, but my first one so not sure what the service level agreements are like in terms of expected turn-around times. Thank you!

I got the same issue, but I think I have a solution.

I wanted to install the previous version of PowerDirector, but I couldn't. So I applied a "system restore" on windows and the issue no longer occured. The version of Powerdirector is still the same, but the nvidia driver is now outdated. Could it be that the new driver from nvidia is not compatible with the recent update of PowerDirector?

I hope this helps.
Bearly.Keto [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2022 15:38 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there. I was on a year old version of NVIDIA driver, took the 24 April PD update, issues began. I then found a more recent NVIDIA driver, installed that. Same issues continued with the 24 April PD update.

I also just did the complete set of directions for un-installing and re-installing the Cyberlink App Manager (per support - where you go and also hunt down a specific series of folders to clean up things the uninstall routine misses); same issues continue. I like your thinking though, the restore was clever, but I don't think it will help me personally.
Bearly.Keto [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, my errors are consistent regardless of whether or not one drive is involved. I have projects stored on a drive not scanned by one drive - same issues. The missing media issue less worrisome than the crash at a 60% load. That's oddly specific and the only constant in the myriad of issues I'm seeing so I'm still thinking - there's a bug with the 24 April download.

Support asked me to pack and send an episode (when I was able to get into it) which I did. Then I followed the un-install re-install guidelines (also from support) and now, when I go to open that same package (located on external drive that one drive doesn't monitor and one-drive disabled all this time), hung at 60%, then moves to not responding. At least theres some comfort in the fact that I'm clearly not the only one having this issue.

I think OneDrive is a false flag in all this. It's something else causing the hang and not responding issue. OneDrive has been a constant, no issues. The only change is the introduction of the 24 Aril update.
Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I also had a freeze of my project at about 60%.
,I closed PD, started CAM a new version was installed and I updated PD.
Started my project and everything worked fine as it should be.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I also had a freeze of my project at about 60%.

After your post I checked in the CAM and there is no newer version to download other than the version that is giving me and all the others here the problems posted about the problems and the 60% not responding. You got the opposite with your update. That is good to know but you did not say the date of your update like today or a week ago which would be different.
seaside6 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2017 09:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I also had a freeze of my project at about 60%.

I'm having the same issue. Just updated to Business version and now I can't open projects past 60%. I have two projects due tomorrow. This is horrible.. I've been using this software for years, I've never had an issue like this.
504roadtrips
Newbie Location: New Orleans, Louisiana Joined: Apr 11, 2017 20:48 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I think I found a solution. If I try to open a file by double clicking on the project in Explorer (PD closed), it freezes at 60%. if I just open PowerDirector from the shortcut, and then open the project, it works fine. Can anyone else duplicate this? 504 Road Trips
https://www.youtube.com/504roadtrips
srveerman1975 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2022 01:41 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
This update has ruined Power Director 365. I have a 20 chapter project in the works, due very soon, and I can't open a single file without PD freezing at 60%. I've tried opening the application first, then the specific file. . . no dice. CyberLink needs to fix this. This has nothing to do with anything other than the latest update.
pfmmusic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2020 11:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've been having the same problem. Resolved it as follows:

made sure the project file was set to be always avaiable of this device within OneDrive
clicked directly on the project file.
worked fine

I saved the project as a new project and tried to open it from the App manager and had the same problem , hanging at 60%.

Hope this helps someone.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

CyberLink has posted links to the previous version if you require.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/96950.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Bearly.Keto [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have the same experience no matter how I open the project; whether via luanching from the folder via File Explorer or whether I launch PD and select Open Project and navigate to one. It's also inconsistent. Sometimes I'll get through (rarely) and then that same file will hang at 60% an hour later. If the simplest answer is the answer, it's the 24 April release. I sent a bunch of files through to Support at their request. I'll let you all know what I hear. Reinstalling didn't fix it for me either. I have a sound only project and also video/sound combo projects. Behaves the same for both types.
Bearly.Keto [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmmm. I was told yesterday by support (John) that rolling back wasn't an option. QuestionID = CS002496364. "With reference to your query, we regret to inform you that we are unable to roll back to the previous version."
Bearly.Keto [Avatar]
[Post New]
I see your message most likely supercedes the support rep response. Thanks for this!

Does this mean we follow all the uninstall steps? e.g.:

. We suggest reinstalling the CyberLink Application Manager again with the following steps:
3. Uninstall PowerDirector 365 from Windows Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program.
3.2. Select "No" when dialog popped up to ask if keep the personal setting (I had to disable Cyberlink Application Manager behind the scenes first, so if you see "file in use" messages you may need to do the same)
3.3. Delete three "AppManager" folders at below installation path:
The Default installation path if you didn't change it during setup is:
--"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink"
--"C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\CyberLink"
-- "C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Temp\" (You may have to scroll down quite a bit to find this)
3.4. Copy the whole "CSE" folder to a personal folder for data backup purposes in advance. The "CSE" folder is located at:
-- C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\CSE
3.5. Delete the original "CSE" folder at the above location. [Then what do we do with this saved file? I felt like a step/guidance was missing here - thoughts?]
Notice:
The AppData and ProgramData folder are hidden on Windows by default. To enter these folders, you have to show the hidden folders in Windows File Explorer by Microsoft instructions in advance:
-- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files
The {USERNAME} is your account name, which is applied to sign in to the Windows desktop.
3.6 Reboot Windows
3.7 Re-download
Bearly.Keto [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did all the uninstall and reboot stuff, then installed this prior version and I'm back in business! Thank you all so much!
srveerman1975 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I did all the uninstall and reboot stuff, then installed this prior version and I'm back in business! Thank you all so much!

When I use the link they provided to download the old version of PD365, it asks for a password. I use my cyberlink password and it doesn't work. Do we have to obtain a user-specific password this particular link for it to work??
srveerman1975 [Avatar]
[Post New]

When I use the link they provided to download the old version of PD365, it asks for a password. I use my cyberlink password and it doesn't work. Do we have to obtain a user-specific password this particular link for it to work??

Nevermind. Just answered my own question. They included a password in their post and I just overlooked it in my excitement to get PD365 back online.
Bearly.Keto [Avatar]
[Post New]
Go here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/96950.page

And I think the password is listed on that page, but it is cl3650506

Just be sure to do the full uninstall first. Good luck! It cleared it up for me.
srveerman1975 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Go here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/96950.page

And I think the password is listed on that page, but it is cl3650506

Just be sure to do the full uninstall first. Good luck! It cleared it up for me.

It worked! Thanks for posting those instructions. So what do we do with the saved CSE folder??
My version of powerdirector seems to be fine without it.
Blueknight V2.0 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2021 12:40 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

CyberLink has posted links to the previous version if you require.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/96950.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

It worked 1st try, and no problems so far! Thanks for the help!