Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Synchronizing Video Tracks
[Post New]
In the Multicam Designer one can synchronize/align tracks by using "markers" at the correct point in each video clip. However in the Edit module, I can't find a way to do the same with multiple tracks, unless you use the "audio sync" method. This is not available to me because I don't have audio tracks. I need to synchronize the timing of each tack relative to each other (they are multi-camera views from a flight simulator, that I want to have all four on the screen simoutaniously and in sync time-wise). Adding a timeline marker just goes on the timeline, not on the video clip. I'm having a heck of a time trying to do this manually. Is there a way to do this similar to the Multicam Designer method? It would sure save me a lot of grief! Thanks!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In the Multicam Designer one can synchronize/align tracks by using "markers" at the correct point in each video clip. However in the Edit module, I can't find a way to do the same with multiple tracks, unless you use the "audio sync" method. This is not available to me because I don't have audio tracks. I need to synchronize the timing of each tack relative to each other (they are multi-camera views from a flight simulator, that I want to have all four on the screen simoutaniously and in sync time-wise). Adding a timeline marker just goes on the timeline, not on the video clip. I'm having a heck of a time trying to do this manually. Is there a way to do this similar to the Multicam Designer method? It would sure save me a lot of grief! Thanks!

Simply get the offset times for the start of each clip from Multicam Designer since you like that method and apply the same shift to the timeline clips.

Jeff
[Post New]

Simply get the offset times for the start of each clip from Multicam Designer since you like that method and apply the same shift to the timeline clips.

Jeff

Good idea. I also discovered that multicam designer can create a "collage" where you can choose the layout and it will create it for you. In my case I chose 4 equal sized boxes and it worked perfectly. A real time saver! :o)