Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When opening a 365 project I get a few AppData/***.bmp files
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

When opening a 365 project I get a few AppData/***.bmp files.

I try to find them but can't.

How can I track down whatever files they belonged to?

Thanks

oz
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

When opening a 365 project I get a few AppData/***.bmp files.

I try to find them but can't.

How can I track down whatever files they belonged to?

Thanks

oz

You are saying that these ?.bmp files appear in the media library on one project or all of them?

Try this: Right mouse click on a .bmp file in the media library, Click Open file location. Delete the file if desired. Repeat for all other bmp image files if desired.
ozstar [Avatar]
[Post New]

You are saying that these ?.bmp files appear in the media library on one project or all of them?

Try this: Right mouse click on a .bmp file in the media library, Click Open file location. Delete the file if desired. Repeat for all other bmp image files if desired.

Thank you for the help.

When I opened say 1 project I may have had 4 different bmp file errors, so if I ignored I get 4 blank spaces on the timeline where those files would have been.

When I opened another project, they would be diferent bmp files but the same result.

I will try your suggestion tomorrow.

BTW. None of the actual image files I used in the projects are bmp files. They are mostly jpg or png.

I would have thought if one got to the blank in he timeline, a right click would say what the orig file name was or solme other process to show the file name. Is there a log file for each project that migght have all the file names in the p;roject?

I see the Packed project option now, so will use that. Can I use it for past projects if I load them?

Thanks again

oz
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to Right mouse click in the Media library and Click Remove all unused content before you pack the project. This would eliminate the unused content from being packed too.
ozstar [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You may want to Right mouse click in the Media library and Click Remove all unused content before you pack the project. This would eliminate the unused content from being packed too.

Onc again I opened a project and got the dreaded cannot open moved/missing C:\Users\AppData \ esoe547k.bmp

I have done seaerches on all AppdDat for PD, all Windows/ Temp but cannot find the file.

Of course other filenames come up once I 'Ignore that one and continue.

I can't recal what those files were so need to at least know that.

How can that be done as I can't goback and Pack the project untuil it is complete again.

Thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
esoexxx.bmp often associated with some ESOE brand webcameras, CCTV cameras, or the like. Do you recall using this type of source in your timeline? Maybe seeing the full path would help. Copy one of your pds files with windows explorer to make a duplicate to never damage your original file. Open the duplicate pds file with notepad and search for esoe, when you find one of your bpm files, copy the full path. It should look similar to the testme below

SRC="E:\junk\testme.bmp" NAME="testme.bmp"

Some folder locations in AppData can be volatile, hence maybe the reason you are missing some source clips in your timeline.

Jeff