Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Making video for LG TV
UlfHolt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2022 03:22 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have seen this question adressed for an older version of PD, but the solution did not work for me.

I have a LG Smart TV, and I want to make a video that can be displayed there. I am able to stream to the TV SmartShare from LG, but I would rather prefere to be able to play from the USB port, since then I do not have to fire up my PC each time I want to show a video. When it comes to supported file formats, I have found the following:

"Although MP4 is listed as LG TV supported video format on LG official website, LG TVs are particular about what audio and video codec inside in the MP4 video container. LG TV only supports playing MP4 in H.264 / AVC, MPEG-4, H.263, MPEG-1/2, VC-1 video codec and AAC, AC3, DTS, MP3 audio codec"

When I use MP4 H.264 or MPE2-2 the files I can play the files if I stream from the PC, but the same files will not show up as playable on the USB-stick.

Anyone that know how this can be solved?

Best regards

Ulf H.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
One simple step would be to change the file extension of any AVC MP4 clips you've made with PD from .mp4 to .m4v and see if your LG TV will play them from a USB stick.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Probably best to list your LG TV model or look in the manual for compatible specs. Some LG's won't play high framesize, high bitrate, specific fps, high AVC levels,...so on.

Best to glean as much from the manual and then start some trial and error and see what works best for you. HD, AVC and AAC are usually the base for starters as LG often won't support HEVC or DD.

Jeff
Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
My LG TV displays MP4 H265 through a USB connected Harddisk. The TV is a 48" Oled TV
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Later models of LG tv can play many file types. The manual in paper or as an online document is the place to start as newer sets have no paper manual.