Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to disable Camera when it does not work?
Khyber [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2022 23:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
How to disable Camera when it does not work?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what you're asking. If you want to disable the built-in camera, all you need to do is set the Webcam setup box to "Select a device to record" like this:

That option will not be selectable if you don't have a webcam or if Windows has disabled it, and you won't see any preview next to the webcam icon on the main ScreenRecorder control window.

If you want to turn it back on, simply choose the camera you want to use and the preview will appear like this:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2022 17:43

ben born [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2023 08:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm not sure what you're asking. If you want to disable the built-in camera, all you need to do is set the Webcam setup box to "Select a device to record" like astroworld.

That option will not be selectable if you don't have a webcam or if Windows has disabled it, and you won't see any preview next to the webcam icon on the main ScreenRecorder control window.

If you want to turn it back on, simply choose the camera you want to use and the preview will appear like this:

Even though I have a webcam, it isn't operating. Tell me what the issue is.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2023 11:07

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Even though I have a webcam, it isn't operating. Tell me what the issue is.

This is a user-to-user forum, not Cyberlink tech support.

If you'd like help in getting your webcam to work, please provide some more details. Please start with the DxDiag report so we can see the specific technical details of your system. The Read Me Before Posting guide has the instructions.