Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wave Editor not saving edit
Loulabee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 12, 2021 18:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hi guys... so after many years I am back using power director... I am having problems with wave editor saving my edited audio file for use in my videos. not sure if this is the program that you guys use. anyone know why the save is grayed out and won't let me save?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote hi guys... so after many years I am back using power director... I am having problems with wave editor saving my edited audio file for use in my videos. not sure if this is the program that you guys use. anyone know why the save is grayed out and won't let me save?

If you launch AD from withing PD the feature will be greyed as changes are passed back to the PD timeline.

The features will not be greyed if you launch AD as a standalone utility to import and edit an audio file.

Jeff
[Post New]
Hello Loulabee,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum "laughing", & welcome back to PDR.

Jeff is 100% correct. The options for saving are different when you use Wave Editor via PDR compared to using it as a standalone application.

When you select Edit Audio > WaveEditor in PDR...

""

... your clip is oped in WE. after making your adjustments, you'll be prompted to Save...

""

... then a separate (adjusted) .wav file will be returned to PDR.

""

If you open WaveEditor as a standalone, import an audio clip & adjust it, you'll have the option to save it.

""

This is similar to how PDR & ADR interact in more contemporary versions.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Loulabee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 12, 2021 18:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
THank you very much! I was able to save it as a stand alone however can't find the file when I looked for it. I even tried saving it to my desktop and the file does not appear.