Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The Project Room - Combining and editing Projects
Myemerald
Member Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Dec 15, 2016 12:21 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
When adding a project to the timeline via Project Room, is there a way to edit the project from the main project?

For example, I have multiple projects relating to a vacation. I now know that I can add each of those projects to what I'll call the "main project" so I can product them together as one video.

I'm not finished editing each project yet, and I would be great if I could do so from within the "main project" rather than opening and closing projects each time. I suspect it's not possible, but want to be sure.

A tab is created for each project added, but it looks like if I edit there the changes don't flow through to the original project. Although I read page 65 of The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 19 Ultimate and it says it can be edited in real time, so I thought it was possible to do what I'm trying to do.

Is there a step I'm missing?

Thanks for you help!smile DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When adding a project to the timeline via Project Room, is there a way to edit the project from the main project?

For example, I have multiple projects relating to a vacation. I now know that I can add each of those projects to what I'll call the "main project" so I can product them together as one video.

I'm not finished editing each project yet, and I would be great if I could do so from within the "main project" rather than opening and closing projects each time. I suspect it's not possible, but want to be sure.

A tab is created for each project added, but it looks like if I edit there the changes don't flow through to the original project. Although I read page 65 of The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 19 Ultimate and it says it can be edited in real time, so I thought it was possible to do what I'm trying to do.

Is there a step I'm missing?

Thanks for you help!smile

I don't think you are missing anything. You can either insert projects as a nested project or an expanded project as set in pref. When you have nested project like you state, each project is added as a tab above the timeline and represented by an orange pds in the project timeline. You can edit the nested pds content by selecting that tab. That nested pds (tab above timeline) now becomes part of the current pds file when saved. The original pds that was inserted is not updated or changed when edited in this nested fashion.

Basically, no two way active link exists with the nested pds file once embedded, it simply becomes part of the current project and can be edited as nested an have its own new features.

Jeff
Myemerald
Member Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Dec 15, 2016 12:21 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Jeff. I must have misinterpreted the book's "real time". That's what threw me.

I'll make sure I avoid the tabs, and make edits in the individual projects.
The main project will be simply for putting them all together for my final product.
cool DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD