Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I shift all tracks to match timing on track with Overlap Transitions?
Myemerald
Member Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Dec 15, 2016 12:21 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
If I understand correctly, when inserting Overlapping Transitions between all clips on the track, all clips on the track shift left 2 seconds per transitionundecided. Has anyone figured out a way to make the necessary shifting of clips on all other tracks, so they match up? DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

That is correct. When using an overlap transition, the duration of the two clips you are placing the transition between is reduced because the two clips now overlap.

If you don't want clips on the other tracks to move, you can just lock them before adding the overlap transition.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Moderator said it all.
If you can change the mode transition, Overlap change to for Cross before applying, solves your case. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Myemerald
[Post New]
If you don't want clips on the other tracks to move, you can just lock them before adding the overlap transition.

I do want the other clips to move, which they do not do when the track is unlocked.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 21. 2022 16:48

DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
Myemerald
[Post New]
Quote Moderator said it all.
If you can change the mode transition, Overlap change to for Cross before applying, solves your case.

Yes, that is what I'm going to do. I just hoped there was a way to use Overlap and move the other tracks. Oh well! DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Periodically, when using the right mouse click on the transition and the appropriate menu, mine does not function correctly either and does not shift the other track contents. Usually if you undo and reapply it shift all tracks then. I've not found a repeatable set of events to report the anomaly. Often after it works, repeating the same steps that didn't work now work correctly so hard to replicate.

The adjustment is not necessarily 2 sec per transition though. Being overlap, the clips overlap the amount of the default transition setting in pref. The duration of no clip is reduced, they are simply overlapped so the total timeline duration is reduced, but no clip duration is reduced.

Jeff